Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my discover card in hehehehehe

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Got my discover card in hehehehehe

You may get lucky, but I think they told me you had to ask for more then and there when they asked you. Give it a try though, maybe if it's the same day they can do something for you!
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cain- wrote:
You may get lucky, but I think they told me you had to ask for more then and there when they asked you. Give it a try though, maybe if it's the same day they can do something for you!

The lady I spoke to on the phone said it's pretty much set in stone, can't get a CLI right now, and said that they'll review it after 6 months. Oh well. It's not my lowest card, at least! And at least I got in with Discover, it's a step in the right direction. She also said I got stuck with 17.99% apr, but I have a 12 month 0% apr promotion on it and they review the account every 6 months, so I could get an APR decrease before the promo period wears off.

Message 12 of 14
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I got $1k, 0% for 12 months, 22.99% thereafter (I don't carry balances, so not too worried). I was so surprised/excited at the approval that I didn't think twice when they asked if $1k was enough. I had already read posts here saying they'd ask, but I choked, lol! At the time I had a 3 month old BofA secured card w/ $500 limit and a 1 month old Household Plat Rewards w/ $300 limit, so you can see why I was excited at $1k. I am looking forward to both CLIs and APR reductions, hopefully soon. It has easily become my go to card, so I am hoping the usage plus payment history leads to CLI. Usage may go down though as I was just approved for AmEx green and I also submitted an app for Costco TE. Enough of that though, Good Luck with your card!
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cain- wrote:
I got $1k, 0% for 12 months, 22.99% thereafter (I don't carry balances, so not too worried). I was so surprised/excited at the approval that I didn't think twice when they asked if $1k was enough. I had already read posts here saying they'd ask, but I choked, lol! At the time I had a 3 month old BofA secured card w/ $500 limit and a 1 month old Household Plat Rewards w/ $300 limit, so you can see why I was excited at $1k. I am looking forward to both CLIs and APR reductions, hopefully soon. It has easily become my go to card, so I am hoping the usage plus payment history leads to CLI. Usage may go down though as I was just approved for AmEx green and I also submitted an app for Costco TE. Enough of that though, Good Luck with your card!

That's exactly how I felt! I was like.. hold on, Discover approved me?! O_O In hind sight, I shoulda asked for a $1.5-3k limit (since that'd be more in line with my NFCU and Cap One cards), but I was too giddy to think straight.

I mean the pre-approval I got in the mail had an Apr of up to 18.99%, so I guess they gave me 1% lower. I should be happy for that, at least Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.