Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my first pre-approval

tag
starry1
Valued Contributor

Got my first pre-approval

My BK7 discharges in about 10 days or so and I've already received my first cc pre-approval offer. From Fingerhut. So yay me, only the worst of the sub-primes want me. Why am I getting this anyway, I've opted out so I shouldn't be receiving anything like this.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Got my first pre-approval

@starry1 wrote:

My BK7 discharges in about 10 days or so and I've already received my first cc pre-approval offer. From Fingerhut. So yay me, only the worst of the sub-primes want me. Why am I getting this anyway, I've opted out so I shouldn't be receiving anything like this.

Depending on what credit, loan, and/or bank companies you have, some of them can and will share you information to other companies (usually their parent/sibling/child companies), regardless if you want them to or not. Each company should have paperwork that discloses this information to you. Are you with the company that backs the Fingerhut account for any products? Then they are usually allowed to soft your account periodically to give you preapprovals for their other products!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.