Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

So I called the Exec Number that everyone so gleefully discusses on here and got the standard "you will rec a letter in 7-10 business days"...
This is just BS. I had an in depth conversation with the American rep regarding my stellar credit report and history (which she said they didn't pull) and how they will lose business if they do not be more lax. She told me all tje same bs Cap1 always says. Im just so frustrated!!! $1,300 is my LOWEST LIMIT!!!

Guess I just waited too long to call. I just don't get them at all.... Blah blah blah. I'm moving all of my cash from their online savings to as Amex pays more (.90%>.60%)

The number I called was the one ending in -1455.

:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

Advice?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Re: Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

Call again

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 2 of 95
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
So I called the Exec Number that everyone so gleefully discusses on here and got the standard "you will rec a letter in 7-10 business days"...
This is just BS. I had an in depth conversation with the American rep regarding my stellar credit report and history (which she said they didn't pull) and how they will lose business if they do not be more lax. She told me all tje same bs Cap1 always says. Im just so frustrated!!! $1,300 is my LOWEST LIMIT!!!

Guess I just waited too long to call. I just don't get them at all.... Blah blah blah. I'm moving all of my cash from their online savings to as Amex pays more (.90%>.60%)

Advice?

I emailed them yesterday and got a call back from their executive department today, two hrs later, he called back and i was approved from $500 to $1250 (my green cash rewards that's 6 months old).... I'm sure you have better credit than me, try emailing them maybe???

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 3 of 95
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

The executive office does a manual review of the application. They won't tell you on the phone. I didn't get the info over the phone or have to call back. My web account was updated with my new credit limit.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 95
melbaro
New Contributor

Advice?

Did you expect that to work in your favor? How about you call again and ASK to get an increase instead of DEMAND for one.

Message 5 of 95
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@melbaro wrote:

Advice?

Did you expect that to work in your favor? How about you call again and ASK to get an increase instead of DEMAND for one.

LOL I agree with melbaro. The exec office people are doing the public a favor really by not changing the number, accepting the call and processing the request b/c it really isn't in their job description to do so. They aren't like the standard reps.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

But she flat out told me it was DENIED... And even acknowledge my PERFECT history with them. She said I'd receieve a letter. I asked i they even checked my current report, and she said no...I know for a FACT they sp me like every month, of not a few times a month.

I'll try to email! And I may call the Exec number again and try to Case Manager number!!

I am so tired of not being shown loyalty!!! Other creditors THROW credit at me lol and I don't use it. This low a** limit is prob lowering my score by 10-50 points by my estimation.

Oh well, you guys are the best!! Love the
advice and info here!! :-D

I'll keep at it til I get it, and if they decide my account needs to be closed, they can...$1,300 wouldn't even affect my utilization one single percent!!! Lmao
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Okay. Let's be clear... I was SO nice on the phone... I didn't 'demand' anything. My tone of voice was very curious and NICE ( Im a Texan; I know all about Southern Hospiyality!)
I asked her a lot of questions in an attempt to gain knowledge about their cli process. She just didn't budge at all. As I said, she acknowledged my concern and "frustration". Even when I mentioned "loyalty" I phrased it so that I wanted Cap One to want my business. I didn't sound desperate, but just concerned and courteous.
Message 8 of 95
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Just call the executive number again and speak to a different rep

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 9 of 95
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Advice?

These things are YMMV.  You should go into them recognizing that just becuase someone else was given an increase by calling the Executive Office, does not mean that they will do the same for you.  Frankly, I think a lot of this calling in to the executive office and looking up the CEO's e-mail address over things like credit limits is immature.  If you have a serious issue with a company, for example, if your identity was stolen and you were not getting help from customer service, I think that is appropriate to escalate.  But I think a company should be able to set the policies for how to handle routine items like CLI requests and allow their customer service departments to handle those while allowing the CEO to concentrate on the larger picture of running the company.  If I don't like those policies, I'll go to a different lender, but I won't bother the CEO with it.  It's will be no surprise if the executive office stops even taking these calls if everyone keeps posting the number on the internet and telling others to call in.  It's really not what their office is for.    

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.