Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

tag
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Doc1... As soon as youre in a position to do so, just ignore cap one, I think this thread proves they don't give a **bleep** about their most loyal customers. Don't expect anything from them.

I seriously still just want to report them to the CFPB for not giving valid reasons for credit denial...

Idk if yall know this, but you can get a free credit report when a creditor denies a cli (or any aa) I've gotten free ones from all of the CB every month just about.

only if they used a CR to make their decision, and only the CR they used... 

if they just say no and don't pull your credit you don't legally get a free report 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 41 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Which is actually why I wanted them to pull a CR, and the last rep confirmed that indeed they did, and I have proof on my reports that they SP. None of the letters EVER have included credit scores or which bureas they pulled, but luckily I'm an informed consumer and can see when they've sp'ed me, which is frequently.

I am right, right?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 42 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

The CFPB already had their way with Cap1 to the tune of $200mln I believe lol...for a diff issue, however.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 43 of 95
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Idk if yall know this, but you can get a free credit report when a creditor denies a cli (or any aa) I've gotten free ones from all of the CB every month just about.

Maybe you were denied for all of your inquiries.  Just sayin....

Message 44 of 95
jamlovesgrapes
Established Member

@maiden_girl wrote:

@melbaro wrote:

So I called the Exec Number that everyone so gleefully discusses on here and got the standard "you will rec a letter in 7-10 business days"...
This is just BS. I had an in depth conversation with the American rep regarding my stellar credit report and history (which she said they didn't pull) and how they will lose business if they do not be more lax. She told me all tje same bs Cap1 always says. Im just so frustrated!!! $1,300 is my LOWEST LIMIT!!!

Guess I just waited too long to call. I just don't get them at all.... Blah blah blah. I'm moving all of my cash from their online savings to as Amex pays more (.90%>.60%)

The number I called was the one ending in -1455.

:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

Advice?

Did you expect that to work in your favor? How about you call again and ASK to get an increase instead of DEMAND for one.

LOL I agree with melbaro. The exec office people are doing the public a favor really by not changing the number, accepting the call and processing the request b/c it really isn't in their job description to do so. They aren't like the standard reps.

Same here. I think it's up to her to determine if you can get a CLI or not. Why demand it and get on her badside? Just say your frustrated because you want to grow with Cap1 but your $1300 limit isn't taking you anywhere. I did the same and got a CLI to extend my overall CL, but I'm probably never going to use the card.

JP Morgan Select 5K, CSP 5K, JP Morgan Ritz Carlton 5K, Southwest Premier 5K, Marriott Premier 5K, Chase Freedom 1.5K, Chase Ink Bold, Citi Hilton Reserve 7K, Citi Hilton Visa Signature 5K, Citi AA Platinum World MC 5K, Citi TY Preferred 5.75K, Discover IT 2.5K, BOA BankAmericard Travel 5K, BOA BankAmericard Cash 15K, Cap1 Cash Rewards 5K, PayPal Extras MC 4.4K, AMEX Blue Sky AU 11K
Message 45 of 95
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Try calling 8775139959 ......What did the new rep say when u called back?

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 46 of 95
compassion101
Established Contributor

Something doesn't add up

Message 47 of 95
logan_720
Established Contributor

Immature? Credit is essential to American life... Interest rates can affect a person tremendously. What's immature is Cap1's lame excuse every time someone requests a cli... I'm sure everyone has it memorized. I work for a corporation quite closely, and personally it def'ly in the CEO's job descript to make sure customers are satisfied. I could understand being denied if I had a bk, really bad credit, or something similar. A reasonable excuse for denial would be concrete, but they are basically denying most clis because of what appears to be their business model. I really am very nice and have great phone etiquette as I make an effort to do so because I hate dealing with irrate customers at my place of employment.

If the CEO of a BANK isn't focusing om creditworthy customers, who pay his multimillion dollar salary btw, what is his job?! LOL. This idea that CEO's mustn't be involved with customer service is outlandish in itself LOL.
I know it's always ymmv with anything credit related lol but the fact is, I've worked super hard to keep my credit score high and just in life in general.

Lol.. I'm just gonna stop this rant hahah
:-)

I'm just gonna take Creditchampion's advice :-)

Thanks yall!

Then again, the CEO's main focus is not his/her customers. The CEO's main focus is the shareholders. 

Message 48 of 95
gettnthere
Established Contributor

I dont understand why they are instantly denying you. Im still waiting on a call to let me know if they are gonna do the CLI or not. The rep took all my income info and said they will send it to senior u/w team and get back to me on what they can do. I wonder why they are not doing the same for u? Something is very peculiar here. Everyone seems to have gotten done like me, had to wait on the call, except you. I wonder why they are doing that to you? Cap1 is a strange animal.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 49 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

AZheather- they did not give me a reasom for denial...just the standard reason , which I'm sure everyone here knows ; it wasn't related to my credit history whatsover!

James- As I said, I didn't demand anything, I was extremely nice and courteous... I asked her several questions, and she gave me no insight whatsoever-didn't even tell me to call back after I rec'd the letter.
Logan-Shareholders like interest/dividend income and highee stock valuations, do they not?
Gettnthere- they didn't even ask my income, which indicates to me they were just blowing me off to begin with...

I even told her I had no intention to max out any card or anything related, and she still just said she can't tell me anything or do anything for me. She basically said there's not even a single way to get a manual review or u/w. I genuinely feel like the blew me off.
Creditchampion-I'll try that number, thanks a mill'!!
Maybe I just keep getting the b****y reps who don't care, even though the first did sound nice. Eh
Btw, each time... They asked account mumber, name, dob , and put me on a brief hold.. Then you know the reat of the line... No income verification or anything. On the second call, I did get a little smart... I just asked about the CARD Act requiring them to verify income and why she didn't ask me mine; she said they only have to do that for new apps, which Im fairly certAinly is a lie, since ANY extension of new cred requires income verirification. Meh
Message 50 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.