Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

tag
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

@gettnthere wrote:
I dont understand why they are instantly denying you. Im still waiting on a call to let me know if they are gonna do the CLI or not. The rep took all my income info and said they will send it to senior u/w team and get back to me on what they can do. I wonder why they are not doing the same for u? Something is very peculiar here. Everyone seems to have gotten done like me, had to wait on the call, except you. I wonder why they are doing that to you? Cap1 is a strange animal.

I had the same experence as you, and had a answer in less than 24 hours

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 51 of 95
kobe2012
Established Contributor

I emailed capitalone one thursday afternoon and got  a call back yesterday.... nice guy took some info and he said he will call me back within 48-72 hrs but he said it might not take that long since the underwriters been fast in responsding lately... two hrs later, he called back and said I was approved!!!!!.. guess i'm one of the lucky ones who got a response right away

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 52 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I just want an answer lol!!! They need to stop giving me the run around! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 53 of 95
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I just want an answer lol!!! They need to stop giving me the run around! Lol

lol.... you will get an answer, crossing fingers for you... Smiley Wink... btw, i'm not sure if this would matter, but since they bought HSBC, I do have a charged off from HSBC from 2008 that is still on my report.... i'm tellin you, you have way better credit than I do... so don't give up!

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 54 of 95
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

@aussiesareforever wrote:

@espnjunkie wrote:

+1 I used to be kinda annoyed by Capital One's lack of CLI's...and then I reached the same conclusion as you haha. It's just so much easier to not fight it and just stop caring.

Hey ESPNJunkie

I love how you have a $12,000 limit with Amex and $750 with Capital One. That is just hilarious Smiley Happy

I just got the 3X CLI increase on BCP earlier this week haha! Like I said earlier, I might care more if I didn't have other options than Capital One. Haha it is kinda funny to look at.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 55 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I mean... I literally have $60k+ of unused credit Visas, MCs, Discover and my "fake" barclay's Amex lol... Just irritating! Haha

Get this:
My old Orch Bank/HSBC/Cap One account limit is even higher than this one at $1,500 although it's my only card with an AF @$39. Should I call the Exec Office about that one instead? Lol only thing is I got a $200 cli on that one in May. I've had no balance since March on it.

Lmao. I'm just about done playing Mr Naive Nice guy. This s*** is about to get heavy lmao.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 56 of 95
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I mean... I literally have $60k+ of unused credit Visas, MCs, Discover and my "fake" barclay's Amex lol... Just irritating! Haha

Get this:
@Anonymous old Orch Bank/HSBC/Cap One account limit is even higher than this one at $1,500 although it's my only card with an AF @$39. Should I call the Exec Office about that one instead? Lol only thing is I got a $200 cli on that one in May. I've had no balance since March on it.

Lmao. I'm just about done playing Mr Naive Nice guy. This s*** is about to get heavy lmao.

if you don't need the card why not just cancel it?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 57 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Again... It's my OLDEST tradeline, and despite what people say about it continuing to be factored in my aaoa of I close it, I know it won't as evidenced by the fact that my old CLOSED Wamu acount IS NOt factored into my aaoa or util even though it's also an oldest account too (from 2007).
Message 58 of 95
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Again... It's my OLDEST tradeline, and despite what people say about it continuing to be factored in my aaoa of I close it, I know it won't as evidenced by the fact that my old CLOSED Wamu acount IS NOt factored into my aaoa or util even though it's also an oldest account too (from 2007).

if you have 60K in available credit are you needing to apply for more?  if not who cares what your AAoA is? 

Message 59 of 95
Laura2323
New Contributor

Hi - I just went through dealing with the executive office myself and had a good experience fortunately.  If I were you, I would keep the number and put it aside for a month or so and then try calling again.  I am sure since the number appeared on the boards they have been bombarded with phone calls and people wanting upgrades, etc.  They do seem quite concerned about where people are getting their number lol!

I also kidded around quite a bit with the agent I got and made him laugh and I think (may not actually be true but ya never know) that they treat people better if they feel a connection with them.  I actually had this number for over a year and never called and when it surfaced on the boards figured I would call.  I did start the conversation off with them in a very tentative, I don't know anything sort of way and let the agent do the talking and just asked questions.  Seemed to work for me.

Best of luck to you!

Message 60 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.