Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

tag
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Re: Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

@LS2982 wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

am hoping this is the start of capital one giving out increases on a regular basis (every 6 months or so) of having good payment history with them and improved credit.

That is what I am hoping for. I am sitting back and just waiting to see if all of this makes a difference in the end since I am sure if they didn't understand how frustruated people were..they do now.  I would be too scared to call that number..lol!!!

Why would you be scared?? They put their pants on the same way I and everyone else does in the morning. They are nobody special. Either they help or they dont. Smiley Happy

I am an anxious person! It took me an hour to get the courage to call the backdoor of Chase! Besides,by now  I would be the millionth call..lol.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 81 of 95
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tylaw13 wrote:

I almost wish i didnt say anything about my experience with Cap 1 exec office and how they got me the CLI because ever since then ive seen like 20 threads about the exec office and this is the exact reason i told people who asked for the # to wait until i was done dealing with them. i know this will probably not be an option for much longer.

Eventually it'll get shut down but I really hope the people who been Cap1 customers for years and years get something out of them. Think of it as you helped ALOT of deserving people. Theres going to be people who really have no business calling them but it is what it is.

It would have been much better if the number was PM'ed out to people but that wasn't going to last forever.

In all Honesty man.. i doubt they will do anything.... i bet that office gets tonnns of calls! if you found the number, think of how many others have found that number... and then shared it as well... If it wasnt a number they wanted to get out, they would never release it to any customer.. But they did.. You didnt do anything wrong.. lets just say 100 people from here called that number.. i bet there were hundreds more calling that number from other sources... Breath easy, you didnt leak anything crucial.. you did the right thing!

I dont know of many offices that get tons of calls but makes sure to ask you multiple times "where did you get this number???" Smiley Indifferent

I'm waiting for someone to say they got it from the White Pages...OMG ahahaha

I would probably say something stupid liked I Googled it!!!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 82 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Welll

I was HONEST and told them I did get it online, but I did not disclose where...

they aren't pulling reports or giving scores... or even giving REAL reasons for denial,

they are just being a***holes!!!

It shouldn't even matter WHY or WHERE we get the number. What's wrong with wanting to speak to an American person who is competent? Barclay's and Chase seem to get the point.. it's almost like they EXPECT people to call the recon line.. after all, that is what it's there for...

I should be getting three letters in the mail from them at this point. I'll update with what they say if it's anything outside of the usual " we're capital one and we don't care about our customers"...

btw just can't beleive I've not had a CLI in FOUR WHOLE YEARS.

GAH! lol

I say blow the phone line up and their General Correspondence address. I'm not going to fool with them any more at this point. Cap1 needs to get real, and if not, we should protest them out of business. LOL

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 83 of 95
melbaro
New Contributor

Re: Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down (Please kill this thread)

@mods...please bury this thread.

Message 84 of 95
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

am hoping this is the start of capital one giving out increases on a regular basis (every 6 months or so) of having good payment history with them and improved credit.

That is what I am hoping for. I am sitting back and just waiting to see if all of this makes a difference in the end since I am sure if they didn't understand how frustruated people were..they do now.  I would be too scared to call that number..lol!!!

Why would you be scared?? They put their pants on the same way I and everyone else does in the morning. They are nobody special. Either they help or they dont. Smiley Happy

I am an anxious person! It took me an hour to get the courage to call the backdoor of Chase! Besides,by now  I would be the millionth call..lol.

I was too scared to call the executive number as well!!!! that's why I just emailed them and luckily, I got a call back Smiley Happy..

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 85 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't had an increase with them in six years... But no hard feelings if I don't. I don't use the card and got it initially to help me build credit as an 18 year old. It did what I wanted it to and I've moved on

Message 86 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yes, I was like 18 too..

why do they need to bury it melbaro?

just because you don't agree or like it.

pahahaha lame.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 87 of 95
melbaro
New Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Yes, I was like 18 too..

why do they need to bury it melbaro?

just because you don't agree or like it.

pahahaha lame.

As is your lack of maturity...and this whole thread. 

Message 88 of 95
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't had an increase with them in six years... But no hard feelings if I don't. I don't use the card and got it initially to help me build credit as an 18 year old. It did what I wanted it to and I've moved on

Thats how the majority of the cardholders who hold rebuilder cards from Cap1 handle their situation, but if you have the opportunity to get more from them (Exec Office) why not?? It will only lead to prime products from them in the future. Most likely being a PC.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 89 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

nothing immature about this thread;

this is a credit forum;

to discuss experiences and gain insight into credit-related items lol...

if you don't like it, don't type on it.

:-)

Message 90 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.