Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

So I called the Exec Number that everyone so gleefully discusses on here and got the standard "you will rec a letter in 7-10 business days"...
This is just BS. I had an in depth conversation with the American rep regarding my stellar credit report and history (which she said they didn't pull) and how they will lose business if they do not be more lax. She told me all tje same bs Cap1 always says. Im just so frustrated!!! $1,300 is my LOWEST LIMIT!!!

Guess I just waited too long to call. I just don't get them at all.... Blah blah blah. I'm moving all of my cash from their online savings to as Amex pays more (.90%>.60%)

The number I called was the one ending in -1455.

:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

Advice?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Frequent Contributor
CreditChampion

Re: Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

Call again

Fico Scores: 763 EQ(12/11/12) 768 TU(12/11/12) ? EX(TBD)
Citi Double Cash 10K PenFed Plat Rewards 8.5K Citi Forward $7.1K AMEX BCE 6K AMEX Zync NPSL(AU) Discover it 5K Wells Fargo Cash Back $2.3K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed)
Established Contributor
kobe2012

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
So I called the Exec Number that everyone so gleefully discusses on here and got the standard "you will rec a letter in 7-10 business days"...
This is just BS. I had an in depth conversation with the American rep regarding my stellar credit report and history (which she said they didn't pull) and how they will lose business if they do not be more lax. She told me all tje same bs Cap1 always says. Im just so frustrated!!! $1,300 is my LOWEST LIMIT!!!

Guess I just waited too long to call. I just don't get them at all.... Blah blah blah. I'm moving all of my cash from their online savings to as Amex pays more (.90%>.60%)

Advice?

I emailed them yesterday and got a call back from their executive department today, two hrs later, he called back and i was approved from $500 to $1250 (my green cash rewards that's 6 months old).... I'm sure you have better credit than me, try emailing them maybe???

Starting Score: TU: 598 03/23/2012 EQ:607 05/24/2012 EX:607 04/26/2012 (lender pull) EX FAKO:522 03/2012
Current Score: TU(Myfico)04/2013:689 EQ(Myfico)04/2013:701 EX(AMEX pull)04/01/2013:675 (CreditSecure FAKOS) 5/14/2013 EX:726 EQ:701 TU:730 TU(Walmart):699
Barclay Rewards:5k/Cap1:$3.5k/Cap1:$2.5k/Citi TYP:2k/Freedom:$5k/Slate:3k/Marriott visa sig 5k/BCE:$1k/Zync: $500 PSL/Discover IT:$1.9k/Walmart:$8k/Chevron:$5k/Gap:$5k/Kay:$3.4kk

Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

The executive office does a manual review of the application. They won't tell you on the phone. I didn't get the info over the phone or have to call back. My web account was updated with my new credit limit.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

New Contributor
melbaro

Advice?

Did you expect that to work in your favor? How about you call again and ASK to get an increase instead of DEMAND for one.

Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

[ Edited ]

melbaro wrote:

Advice?

Did you expect that to work in your favor? How about you call again and ASK to get an increase instead of DEMAND for one.

LOL I agree with melbaro. The exec office people are doing the public a favor really by not changing the number, accepting the call and processing the request b/c it really isn't in their job description to do so. They aren't like the standard reps.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

But she flat out told me it was DENIED... And even acknowledge my PERFECT history with them. She said I'd receieve a letter. I asked i they even checked my current report, and she said no...I know for a FACT they sp me like every month, of not a few times a month.

I'll try to email! And I may call the Exec number again and try to Case Manager number!!

I am so tired of not being shown loyalty!!! Other creditors THROW credit at me lol and I don't use it. This low a** limit is prob lowering my score by 10-50 points by my estimation.

Oh well, you guys are the best!! Love the
advice and info here!! :-D

I'll keep at it til I get it, and if they decide my account needs to be closed, they can...$1,300 wouldn't even affect my utilization one single percent!!! Lmao
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Okay. Let's be clear... I was SO nice on the phone... I didn't 'demand' anything. My tone of voice was very curious and NICE ( Im a Texan; I know all about Southern Hospiyality!)
I asked her a lot of questions in an attempt to gain knowledge about their cli process. She just didn't budge at all. As I said, she acknowledged my concern and "frustration". Even when I mentioned "loyalty" I phrased it so that I wanted Cap One to want my business. I didn't sound desperate, but just concerned and courteous.
Frequent Contributor
CreditChampion

Just call the executive number again and speak to a different rep

Fico Scores: 763 EQ(12/11/12) 768 TU(12/11/12) ? EX(TBD)
Citi Double Cash 10K PenFed Plat Rewards 8.5K Citi Forward $7.1K AMEX BCE 6K AMEX Zync NPSL(AU) Discover it 5K Wells Fargo Cash Back $2.3K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed)
Senior Contributor
Walt_K

Advice?

These things are YMMV.  You should go into them recognizing that just becuase someone else was given an increase by calling the Executive Office, does not mean that they will do the same for you.  Frankly, I think a lot of this calling in to the executive office and looking up the CEO's e-mail address over things like credit limits is immature.  If you have a serious issue with a company, for example, if your identity was stolen and you were not getting help from customer service, I think that is appropriate to escalate.  But I think a company should be able to set the policies for how to handle routine items like CLI requests and allow their customer service departments to handle those while allowing the CEO to concentrate on the larger picture of running the company.  If I don't like those policies, I'll go to a different lender, but I won't bother the CEO with it.  It's will be no surprise if the executive office stops even taking these calls if everyone keeps posting the number on the internet and telling others to call in.  It's really not what their office is for.    

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}