Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got new Fidelity Visa card. Goodbye Amex/FIA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got new Fidelity Visa card. Goodbye Amex/FIA

I just got my new Fidelity Visa card. I registered for their website. I see that you can request a credit line increase and it doesn't mention anything about a hard pull. Does anybody have any information on that?

I also noticed none of the transactions are on the new website yet. Do you think they'll port over statements? I've downloaded all of them just in case. Did anyone else get the card and has the info transferred to the new site? FidelityRewards.com

I'm going to miss the Amex version.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got new Fidelity Visa card. Goodbye Amex/FIA

I won't miss the AmEx version as much as you; no FIA website to deal with (I like how it's integrated with the existing Fidelity login, one less username/PW to keep track of), and wider acceptance at merchants (and Costco!). But we'll see how Elan manages.

I'd bet they probably won't port over statements, so download everything to be safe. They didn't port mine over. My transactions also didn't get ported over; it's probably designed only to show transactions on the Visa card itself.

I've heard Elan is a hard pull just as FIA/BofA was.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I won't miss the AmEx version as much as you; no FIA website to deal with (I like how it's integrated with the existing Fidelity login, one less username/PW to keep track of), and wider acceptance at merchants (and Costco!). But we'll see how Elan manages.

I'd bet they probably won't port over statements, so download everything to be safe. They didn't port mine over. My transactions also didn't get ported over; it's probably designed only to show transactions on the Visa card itself.

You could always see info on the card through Fidelty.com when it was FIA. But just like FIA has their own site, so does Elan which is FidelityRewards.com which has a separate username (even if you make it the same as your Fidelty.com username).

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You could always see info on the card through Fidelty.com when it was FIA. But just like FIA has their own site, so does Elan which is FidelityRewards.com which has a separate username (even if you make it the same as your Fidelty.com username).

Do you have to enroll at FidelityRewards.com though? the way I read the letter made it seem optional: "Check your account balance, make payments, manage rewards, request balance transfers, and more by visiting your portfolio on Fidelity.com [...] OR by enrolling at FidelityRewards.com" I also see everything I'd ever need to do on Fidelity.com so not sure why you need the other site.

I always remember the Fidelity site would show my balance and total reward balance, but I don't remember being able to view transactions, manage payments, redeem rewards, etc.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have to enroll at FidelityRewards.com though? the way I read the letter made it seem optional: "Check your account balance, make payments, manage rewards, request balance transfers, and more by visiting your portfolio on Fidelity.com [...] OR by enrolling at FidelityRewards.com" I also see everything I'd ever need to do on Fidelity.com so not sure why you need the other site.

I always remember the Fidelity site would show my balance and total reward balance, but I don't remember being able to view transactions, manage payments, redeem rewards, etc.

Did you have the old FIA version? When I look at it through Fidelity.com not much info is there. Maybe it takes some time to port info over. I don't have the option to make a payment from a non Fidelity account by going to Fidelty.com whereas at FidelityRewards.com I do.

Message 5 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

FIA will not port statements to Elan I received a notice to download all by July 22 2016 or I would lose access to them.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP,

I can answer your credit line increase question.

It is NOT a HP. I used it and never got a notification so I called in. The rep told me although that function is on the website, it does NOT work. Because of the migration, that request is currently on hold. They told me to apply for the CLI after July 26 which is when the complete transition is done and final. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured out why you can see everything from Fidelty.com. You click to register to link Elan info. It says:

Enable Express Login to the Elan Financial Services Website
Make managing your credit card account even easier.
Make managing your credit card account even easier by enabling the express login service. This service allows you to directly access your credit card account information through Elan Financial Services quickly and easily.
If you choose not to enable the express login service at this time, you can directly log into your credit card account any time at FidelityRewards.com/login.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got mine and only issue was the credit limit was lower with elan. I called and they said it was a glitch and should restore. We shall see.

I've had another elan card for a while now and overall it's been good. The website kind of stinks but elan has been pretty decent. Not great but not bad either. Kind of neutral and plain Jane but they have given me a few credit increases so overall they have been decent.

Hopefully the fidelity will be decent also.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.