Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got the Amex FR Call :(

tag
trant3
Established Contributor

Re: Got the Amex FR Call :(

"I wish there was a list of specific things that triggers Amex FR's. Is it transactions? Stores shopped at? It will make for an interesting read."

I suspect my FR was a result from the new BCE app/income variance. The BCE became my everyday card, didnt charge much though, perhaps about $700 in a weeks time. I charged normal daily expenses on there with the exception of a few six flags season passes for my kid, J Crew order, and the cable bill. My PRG and Hilton were not used. I feel uneasy with the FR looming!

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 71 of 119
UncleB
Credit Mentor

If anybody is interested, I found a sample of the tax transcript that is provided by the IRS when you fill out a 4506-T.

Note that your spouse and dependent children's social security numbers will be provided to Amex as well as your financial data, which isn't a total shock (it is a tax transcript, after all) but is completely unnecessary, IMO. 

http://www.cis4506t.com/files/TRV.pdf

I personally would have a big problem with that, but again, that's just me.  I guess one of few the 'perks' of having a tiny credit line on my BCP is that my own chances of a FR are probably slim.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 72 of 119
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Biggest thing I ever seen that triggers a FR is the AU spending more than the primary card holder.  Although many other things do it as well, that is just a well known one

Message 73 of 119
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

If anybody is interested, I found a sample of the tax transcript that is provided by the IRS when you fill out a 4506-T.

Note that your spouse and dependent children's social security numbers will be provided to Amex as well as your financial data, which isn't a total shock (it is a tax transcript, after all) but is completely unnecessary, IMO. 

http://www.cis4506t.com/files/TRV.pdf

I personally would have a big problem with that, but again, that's just me.  I guess one of few the 'perks' of having a tiny credit line on my BCP is that my own chances of a FR are probably slim.  Smiley Frustrated

Trust me you're not safe lol. I got my FR when I had around $5,000 in credit with Amex at the time.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 74 of 119
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Biggest thing I ever seen that triggers a FR is the AU spending more than the primary card holder.  Although many other things do it as well, that is just a well known one

1+ That trigger is set in stone as per the F/R master thread that is floating around on the web.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 75 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Discover2016 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

1+ That trigger is set in stone as per the F/R master thread that is floating around on the web.

That is a good thread but is from 2011.  That what is in it correlates with recent guides from blogs written in 2015.....

Message 76 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trant3 wrote:

"I wish there was a list of specific things that triggers Amex FR's. Is it transactions? Stores shopped at? It will make for an interesting read."

I suspect my FR was a result from the new BCE app/income variance. The BCE became my everyday card, didnt charge much though, perhaps about $700 in a weeks time. I charged normal daily expenses on there with the exception of a few six flags season passes for my kid, J Crew order, and the cable bill. My PRG and Hilton were not used. I feel uneasy with the FR looming!

So $700 charged and daily expense? Strange if that is what triggered it.. Doesn't Amex want people using their cards? But then a recent blog in 2015 said these key factors...

• Abnormal large purchase in short time
  • Large purchase within short time of the sign-up of Charge Card
  • Too many authorized users
  • Overly frequent check of Spending Limit
  • Credit limit have already been high
  • Returned Payment
  • Faking and modifying your annual incomes
  • Affected by the same address

There is an Amex employee that posts here and I see he hasn't logged in for a while.  Hopefully, he will one day be candid and tell us what goes on there...

Message 77 of 119
rlx01
Established Contributor

I'm an AU on my wife's SPG Amex and do 90% of the spending on it. No FR. It's our primary household card.

@red257: can't quote your message on mobile but let's just say Amex's income thing would be updated if OP updates it online. The field is kind of dodgy anyway (it used to say my income was 22k, and let's just say it's many multiples higher). Even when the field said 22k, they auto CLIed me to 34k.
Message 78 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@trant3 wrote:

So $700 charged and daily expense? Strange if that is what triggered it.. Doesn't Amex want people using their cards? But then a recent blog in 2015 said these key factors...

• Abnormal large purchase in short time
  • Large purchase within short time of the sign-up of Charge Card
  • Too many authorized users
  • Overly frequent check of Spending Limit
  • Credit limit have already been high
  • Returned Payment
  • Faking and modifying your annual incomes
  • Affected by the same address

There is an Amex employee that posts here and I see he hasn't logged in for a while.  Hopefully, he will one day be candid and tell us what goes on there...

They do realize that people usually have spend requirements to meet in order to get their sign-up bonus right? Geez.

Message 79 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rlx01 wrote:
I'm an AU on my wife's SPG Amex and do 90% of the spending on it. No FR. It's our primary household card.

@red257: can't quote your message on mobile but let's just say Amex's income thing would be updated if OP updates it online. The field is kind of dodgy anyway (it used to say my income was 22k, and let's just say it's many multiples higher). Even when the field said 22k, they auto CLIed me to 34k.

It says many AUs on a card.  So I am guessing five or ten AUs on one card?  I read somehere that people charge other people they don't know and add them as AU on their credit cards.. A quick google search will ascertain what I am talking about...

Try "Got Good Credit? Rent It Out For Cash!" in the search feature.. Although the articles seem a bit old, people are still doing it with multiple advertisement via Youtube.

Message 80 of 119
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.