Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got the Amex FR Call :(

tag
trant3
Established Contributor

Got the Amex FR Call :(

Got the FR call today asked about income and etc and requested the 4506t form to be submitted with two prior years tax return. I have 3 accounts with Amex and recently opened the BCE 20 days ago. Not sure what triggered FR but I suspect my accounts will be closed. To be open and honest with the community, I did fluff my income when aping for the BCE and deserve the account closure of if it happens. Learn from me, disclose accurate info!

I'm going to be heart broken if my accounts close though, I've been with them since 2010 Smiley Sad
FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 1 of 119
118 REPLIES 118
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Got the Amex FR Call :(

@trant3 wrote:
Got the FR call today asked about income and etc and requested the 4506t form to be submitted with two prior years tax return. I have 3 accounts with Amex and recently opened the BCE 20 days ago. Not sure what triggered FR but I suspect my accounts will be closed. To be open and honest with the community, I did fluff my income when aping for the BCE and deserve the account closure of if it happens. Learn from me, disclose accurate info!

I'm going to be heart broken if my accounts close though, I've been with them since 2010 Smiley Sad

Thanks for telling us about your experience, and for your honesty with us as well. 

If you don't mind sharing, how large are your three credit lines, and by how much did you 'fluff' your numbers?  If the 'fluff' wasn't too egregious you might still be OK, possibly with just smaller credit lines.

My fingers are crossed for you!  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trant3 wrote:

Not necessarily. If it was a minor "fluff" you might be okay, or just see some credit line reductions.

Message 3 of 119
thummel
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear that. hope for the best outcome for you. Anything you can think of that might have triggered it?
Message 4 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to learn to type faster. And UncleB has a brilliant mind.

Message 5 of 119
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I need to learn to type faster. And UncleB has a brilliant mind.

Great minds think alike, my friend!  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've "fluffed" before also. How much was your fluff? I wonder how much fluff equals "Fluff you! Goodbye" In all seriousness though, you've had those accounts for 6 years. I'm sure if you have a good payment history, don't carry or max out huge balances which I'm sure you don't because you just opened a new card, then maybe it'll be ok. You could always just say you thought you made more, or you were guesstimating, or your spouse made more, excetera.
Message 7 of 119
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Wow sorry to hear, but thank you for your honesty and willingness to share your experience with MF.  I'm also interested in how much you fluffed your income.

Message 8 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about the FR. But this is a hard lesson learn since you already know what is going to happen and your admission of fibbing a bit on the application.  There was a big recent thread about this.

Hope others learn from it also.

Message 9 of 119
Septrosh
New Contributor

I think you'll be OK so long as your "fluff" isn't some crazy amount.  

Best of luck with your outcome. 

Message 10 of 119
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.