Re: Got the Amex FR Call :(

@Y-I-M

+100
Message 11 of 119
sr383
Regular Contributor

@trant3 wrote:
I did fluff my income when aping for the BCE and deserve the account closure of if it happens. Learn from me, disclose accurate info!

Just say that part of the figure you quoted was based on projected income from mowing lawns. ... But your mower broke, so you're left with nothing but salary. Apologize for any misunderstanding and reiterate that you need the accounts open so that you can finance a new mower. ...

Costco TrueEarningsSallie Mae MasterCardDiscover itUS Bank Cash+Chase SlateBlue Cash EverydayFidelity VisaTU-803/EQ-808/EX-800
Message 12 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sr383 wrote:

@trant3 wrote:
I did fluff my income when aping for the BCE and deserve the account closure of if it happens. Learn from me, disclose accurate info!

Just say that part of the figure you quoted was based on projected income from mowing lawns. ... But your mower broke, so you're left with nothing but salary. Apologize for any misunderstanding and reiterate that you need the accounts open so that you can finance a new mower. ...

Encouraging OP to lie further is not something we encourage here.  Amex wants to see proof.  So if he lied the first time, I wouldn't encourage him to lie again.

Message 13 of 119
sr383
Regular Contributor

I was trying to encourage the OP to smile. I thought my suggestion was too preposterous to be taken seriously. ...

Costco TrueEarningsSallie Mae MasterCardDiscover itUS Bank Cash+Chase SlateBlue Cash EverydayFidelity VisaTU-803/EQ-808/EX-800
Message 14 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sr383 wrote:

I was trying to encourage the OP to smile. I thought my suggestion was too preposterous to be taken seriously. ...

Got it.. But I didn't read it that way as sarcasm doesn't come across well on the internet.

Message 15 of 119
taxi818
Super Contributor

I would say the last card is the one that did the trick. sorry op. If you have a spouse or significant other you can use their income as well so all is not lost. No one ever said it only had to be your income but all income you have access to. But hey. They want tax returns not pay stubs. You can tell them to go fly a kite and get ready for the closure. Or do a pre emptive strike and close them your selfs even if you have a balance. your payment terms will still be the same. But it will say closed my consumer instead of closed by lender. If you don't plan on complying simply close them right now and don't wait the 2 weeks.

Message 16 of 119
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Best of luck to you!

Message 17 of 119
trant3
Established Contributor

Submitted the 4056t form this evening along with the tax docs, I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope Amex will have mercy. I fluffed the income by +$20k and I'm really shameful of it. The credit greed got the best of me and here are the consequences. I thought I've learned hard credit lessons after my credit downfall years ago, but here's another one.

Thanks everyone for listening and encouragement, I'll post outcome in a few days. 

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 18 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trant3 wrote:

Submitted the 4056t form this evening along with the tax docs, I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope Amex will have mercy. I fluffed the income by +$20k and I'm really shameful of it. The credit greed got the best of me and here are the consequences. I thought I've learned hard credit lessons after my credit downfall years ago, but here's another one.

Thanks everyone for listening and encouragement, I'll post outcome in a few days. 

Seems you learned your lesson. Best of luck in keeping those cards open! Even if it is just the oldest one they can spare. Would suck for a full shut down.

Message 19 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trant3 wrote:

Definately do update... I know admitting the truth is hard but you are a good person to disclose openly you did it - fluff.. And I respect you for it.  I hope they have mercy on you... Keep us posted.

Message 20 of 119
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.