Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got the call from Cap 1......

tag
princesstooth
New Contributor

Got the call from Cap 1......

So I emailed the EO yesterday about a credit limit increase on my Platinum card I opened in Sept. Credit steps program. Original limit was $1000. Got an automatic increase of $500 bringing it to $1500, 2 mnths ago. Phoned in 1st to request CLI and was denied. That was Friday. Emailed EO yesterday which was Monday. Got a call from a very nice man today to confirm my request. I asked for an increase to $8000, aimed high LOL!, and for rewards program. He asked if I was looking for miles or cash back. Told him cash back. He submitted to underwriters for review. Lets see what happens.....
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
tk_0014
Established Member

Re: Got the call from Cap 1......

Starting to think they dont want me either!

Been having conversations with CSRs and getting notes in my file prepping Cap 1 to help me out in a few months. 750 for two years is silly, as is the 22% interest rate with NO rewards.

MyFICO (4/13) EQ score 733 CK TU score 6/13 754 FCR EX 4/13 736

CU overdraft protection CL $500 Freedom $3000 CSP $8000 BofA 123Cash Reward $3000 C1 QS1 $1250, C1 QS $5500 PP Cred $2950 Amex BCP $19500 DISC IT: $14,100 Home Depot $8000
Message 2 of 31
dzaf562
Established Member

Congrats!

I sent an email to EO yesterday and got a call today.I have two unsecured cards with them, Cap1 platinum 750 and HSBC platinum 750. Hopefully a good bump.

The lady said I will hear back from them in one to two days.

Message 3 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@princesstooth wrote:
So I emailed the EO yesterday about a credit limit increase on my Platinum card I opened in Sept. Credit steps program. Original limit was $1000. Got an automatic increase of $500 bringing it to $1500, 2 mnths ago. Phoned in 1st to request CLI and was denied. That was Friday. Emailed EO yesterday which was Monday. Got a call from a very nice man today to confirm my request. I asked for an increase to $8000, aimed high LOL!, and for rewards program. He asked if I was looking for miles or cash back. Told him cash back. He submitted to underwriters for review. Lets see what happens.....

Good luck to you!!!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 31
p-
Valued Contributor

@princesstooth wrote:

Can you PM me the..   naw, just kidding.  Good luck!

Message 5 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@p- wrote:

@princesstooth wrote:

Can you PM me the..   naw, just kidding.  Good luck!

Smiley Very Happy

I was like he cant be serious..................

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 31
p-
Valued Contributor

LS2982 wrote:......he cant be serious..................

Haha, no, I'm happy with the 10k green card.  But you can be sure that when I get a new C1 platinum to replace my OB card I'll dust off my EO notes and call my rep.

Message 7 of 31
princesstooth
New Contributor

P-.......you almost had me!!! LOL!!

Thanks everyone. They are my highest limit as it is so crossing my fingers. Kinda excited and nervous to see what happens!!!
Message 8 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 31
princesstooth
New Contributor

So update on my request...they upped me to $1750. Just $250 more. And they gave me cash rewards 1% cash back. Not close to what I wanted but its a start! But I must say they were very friendly and very quick with their response!
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.