Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got trigger happy...

tag
Duc848
Valued Member

Got trigger happy...

Amex BCE approved! I was denied back in July. I had planned to garden until January but I couldn't help myself. I really felt like my scores would/should be much higher than when I applied last. My util was like 80% on 2 cards. Since then I added a few new accounts and got util down to 4.5% overall. I crossed my fingers and was instantly approved for 2k! My highest pervious was 1500. I know it isn't much to brag about, but you guys have no idea how happy I was to get approved.lol I have always wanted to get in with Amex and have never been able to. I really felt a sense of accomplishment. I have been really working to improve my credit and feels like it is beginning to pay off. I'm happy to finally get my foot or toes in the door lol. With responsible usage hopefully this card will grow with me. Just some stats, I had 4 lates from 2010, 2yr aaoa, oldest account 6 years, income 55k, boa cash rewards $1500 2) quicksilver $1000 Discover it $1500 Citi diamond $1500 chase slate $500, 5 inqs. CK score 741 CS score 726
3000 6000 55002000 25005000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Got trigger happy...

Message 2 of 8
Duc848
Valued Member

Thanks Lexie. Thanks to this website and its members I have learned a lot about credit.
Message 3 of 8
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Definitely something to be proud about. Don't forget about the 61 day CLI, be sure to have a 0 balance when you request.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 4 of 8
missjae
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!
Message 5 of 8
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Duc848 wrote:
Amex BCE approved! I was denied back in July. I had planned to garden until January but I couldn't help myself. I really felt like my scores would/should be much higher than when I applied last. My util was like 80% on 2 cards. Since then I added a few new accounts and got util down to 4.5% overall. I crossed my fingers and was instantly approved for 2k! My highest pervious was 1500. I know it isn't much to brag about, but you guys have no idea how happy I was to get approved.lol I have always wanted to get in with Amex and have never been able to. I really felt a sense of accomplishment. I have been really working to improve my credit and feels like it is beginning to pay off. I'm happy to finally get my foot or toes in the door lol. With responsible usage hopefully this card will grow with me. Just some stats, I had 4 lates from 2010, 2yr aaoa, oldest account 6 years, income 55k, boa cash rewards $1500 2) quicksilver $1000 Discover it $1500 Citi diamond $1500 chase slate $500, 5 inqs. CK score 741 CS score 726

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Congrats.

Message 6 of 8
Duc848
Valued Member

Re: Got trigger happy...Update

I was an AU on my wife's Amex blue card and got them to back date for me! Score, My new card came in today and it says member since 09!
Message 7 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Got trigger happy...Update

It's absolutely something to be proud of!  It means 'you're arriving'.  You must start to climb the ladder a rung at a time....you're heading upward.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.