cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gotta admit it, DW and myself are Barclay's Black Card holders. Now what to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotta admit it, DW and myself are Barclay's Black Card holders. Now what to do?

Back in November of last year she got a letter saying she was preselected for the Black Card. I am an AU on that card. We quickly met the spend for the $500 in Airline travel and paid the ungodly AF for both of us, right off the bat. We were very surprised to be able to get that kind of a limit at the time. It started at $5k and is now at $7.5k. The AF is going to hit again in a couple months. We owe zero on it. We are not willing to pay another $495 and $120 for me, to renew this card. Don't want to lose $7.5k out of our availability either. What would you do....what to do? Think they will either wave the AF or offer to PC?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gotta admit it, DW and myself are Barclay's Black Card holders. Now what to do?

Does DW have any other Barclay cards?  I'd imagine they'd let you combine limits (or at the very least the majority of it) into an existing card of hers.  I plan on doing that with my Apple Rewards, but I'm being sneaky and seeing if the Apple will get any auto-luv on the 6th statement in a couple days before trying...

Oz

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gotta admit it, DW and myself are Barclay's Black Card holders. Now what to do?

@Anonymous wrote:

Does DW have any other Barclay cards?  I'd imagine they'd let you combine limits (or at the very least the majority of it) into an existing card of hers.  I plan on doing that with my Apple Rewards, but I'm being sneaky and seeing if the Apple will get any auto-luv on the 6th statement in a couple days before trying...

Oz

Yes, DW has an NFL card with $7.5k, two Barclay Rewards MCs, $2.7k and $1k. So she has $18.7k with them. I am an AU on all of them. She applied for a World MC a couple weeks ago and got declined due to her already having enough credit with Barclay's. She owes nothing on any of her cards with them right now.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask for a waiver, then a PC.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.