Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grad of BoA CC

tag
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Grad of BoA CC

What is the minimum months required to make my card unsecured ? Also will they do it for a SP? 

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Grad of BoA CC

I think it depends on how you use the card for them. My guess for the quickest grad would be 6 mos. As for SP or HP, if its automatic which it usually is it will be SP because they wont need to pull you again. No reason to.

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 6
baller4life
Super Contributor

Mine graduated in 6 with a hp
Message 3 of 6
JosephS112
Established Member

After 6 months, with a hard pull is the offer I got in the past. After 12 months, using a soft pull/just asking over the phone. To get the 6 months and the hard pull offer, you have to call and ask/persuade them to even consider it. They will automatically say it is not possible until 12 months has passed. Some representatives will give the option of a hard pull and immediate consideration while others do not. However, BoA can automatically upgrade you any time they see fit, so each case is different. 

Message 4 of 6
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Then i will wait for automatic upgrade. I am right now in Gardening and cannot waste a HP for something like this. 

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 5 of 6
DarkMoonLily
Frequent Contributor

When my BoA was secured it graduated in 9 months automatically. It depends on how you use it. When I had it secured I PIF every month. When it graduated the bumped the CL to 2300 from 300. It's really a YMMV situation. 

2019 Goals: Garden and Clean up Credit Reports!!!
2020 Goals: Get a Secured Card and Auto Loan.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.