cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grandmother approved through CITI with....

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Grandmother approved through CITI with....

A score of 595, we all went furniture shopping over at Ashley's Furniture and they finance through Citi she didnt think she would have gotten approved but she did! I was surprised once i found out what her score was. They pulled Equifax and they gave her a 4500 credit limit!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Grandmother approved through CITI with....

Comgrats to her.
Message 2 of 17
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Thanks but is that like CITI, or are they more lenient extending credit for their furniture store, Ashley?

I know they are a pretty strict lender, atleast thats what i thought!
Message 3 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

They're more lenient on furniture financing (and similar) cards. People used to have to get furniture credit as a consumer finance loan, which is iffy for your credit, so this is much better.

Congrats, you're turning into your family's credit counselor, aren't you? Doesn't mean you can put your feet on your GM's new coffee table, though. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 17
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Yea i guess you could say that...I am really trying! I feel like i can help anyone now...

Hey hauling my grandfather owns a used car lot and my grandmother was telling me they may lose their license because of some derogatory accounts in their credit file...i was totally surprised to know that NCDMV are now checking consumers credit reports, when renewing license! Ever heard of this?
Message 5 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

anyone else get approved for this with similiar scores? I could really use an Ashley's card
Message 6 of 17
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

I dont know if its actually a credit card, i'm thinking more as a charge account!
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I AM TOTALLY SHOCKED!!!!  I just applied online for ASHLEY FURNITURE HOMESTORE and was APPROVED for $4,500!!!!!  I assume it was a TU pull.  Won't know until tomorrow.  If that is the case, 670 FICO, 1 paid CO, 7 CA's, 2 inq, and numerous new accounts this year.

IN WITH CITI FINALLY!!!!!
Message 8 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

excuse me, apply online??? website please!
Message 9 of 17
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Before everyone jumps up and down with glee are we abolutely certain that this is not a consumer finance credit situation? Who is the issuer, Citi or Citi Financial? And does the TL report as consumer finance or as plain old revolving credit?
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.