Valued Contributor
Schoolbuskid

Grandmother approved through CITI with....

A score of 595, we all went furniture shopping over at Ashley's Furniture and they finance through Citi she didnt think she would have gotten approved but she did! I was surprised once i found out what her score was. They pulled Equifax and they gave her a 4500 credit limit!
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

Re: Grandmother approved through CITI with....

Comgrats to her.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Schoolbuskid

Thanks but is that like CITI, or are they more lenient extending credit for their furniture store, Ashley?

I know they are a pretty strict lender, atleast thats what i thought!
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

They're more lenient on furniture financing (and similar) cards. People used to have to get furniture credit as a consumer finance loan, which is iffy for your credit, so this is much better.

Congrats, you're turning into your family's credit counselor, aren't you? Doesn't mean you can put your feet on your GM's new coffee table, though. :smileywink:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Contributor
Schoolbuskid

Yea i guess you could say that...I am really trying! I feel like i can help anyone now...

Hey hauling my grandfather owns a used car lot and my grandmother was telling me they may lose their license because of some derogatory accounts in their credit file...i was totally surprised to know that NCDMV are now checking consumers credit reports, when renewing license! Ever heard of this?
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

anyone else get approved for this with similiar scores? I could really use an Ashley's card
Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
Schoolbuskid

I dont know if its actually a credit card, i'm thinking more as a charge account!
Regular Contributor
jamesb40517

I AM TOTALLY SHOCKED!!!!  I just applied online for ASHLEY FURNITURE HOMESTORE and was APPROVED for $4,500!!!!!  I assume it was a TU pull.  Won't know until tomorrow.  If that is the case, 670 FICO, 1 paid CO, 7 CA's, 2 inq, and numerous new accounts this year.

IN WITH CITI FINALLY!!!!!
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

excuse me, apply online??? website please!
Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
jmbfl

Before everyone jumps up and down with glee are we abolutely certain that this is not a consumer finance credit situation? Who is the issuer, Citi or Citi Financial? And does the TL report as consumer finance or as plain old revolving credit?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}