Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great News from PenFed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Great News from PenFed

Noah_Bodie wrote:
Give 'em a call. They should be able to give you your member number over the phone.

Penfed appears to be an exclusive EQ puller.

Noah,
Do you know what EQ scores they look for....mine just dropped 10 points to 628. It's crazy an account updated with the same info...0 bal....acct closed...paid as agreed. The before and after on the Scorewatch has the same info the only difference is past due was $0 and changed to N/A, otherwise, everything is the same.

This is crazy...I dispute the TL with EX because it was showing as open with $0 balance, but since it was an installment loan and not a CC I thought that having it update to show reality would help...wrong... and what stinks the most is the CB that I disputed with still has not updated the TL. I hate it when you dispute on one CB, but the TL updates everyone else, that is, unless it's positive, then you have to fight each one.

Anyway, original question: What kind of score?
Message 21 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

BKed_Rebound wrote:

Do you know what EQ scores they look for....mine just dropped 10 points to 628.

Looks like mid to high 600s. Penfed is good, but NASA and Justice FCUs seem a bit more generous and forgiving.

Message 22 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

What type of numbers is NASA looking for?  And who do they pull from?
Message 23 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied with Nasa last night. They pulled EQ. From what I hear they almost always pull EQ. I had to join the National Space Society in order to join Nasa. I can't apply for any of their products until they send my member number in the mail. But they did a hard pull on EQ when I applied for membership.
Message 24 of 71
rtoshow
Valued Member

Got the news back from CCCU. $5,000 Visa approved ! Woo Hoo ! I'm so done. This should do what I need it to do. I'm bout to say bye bye to some of those high interest cards so I can get out from underneath them. Don't give up people ! I have done everything with the help of the fine people on this forum.
Tim
Message 25 of 71
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Congrats RTO!
Message 26 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

WBLAKE wrote:
What type of numbers is NASA looking for?  And who do they pull from?

NASA appears to be an exclusive EQ puller, and mid to high 600s appears to be required. A few report approval with low 600s.
Message 27 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they have instant approval or are they similar to CCCU?
Message 28 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed denied

I applied for a credit card to PenFed after becoming a PFCU member.  I was denied.  This must mean they DON'T exclusively pull EQ, because my EQ is the only good CR I have!  However, I DID get approved for the following:

*Justice FCU -- $5000 visa
*USAA Platinum -- $5000 mc
*USAA AmEx -- $5000 amex
*CitiDiamondPreferred -- $6300 amex
*Chase Amazon.com -- $2500 visa, upped to $4000 at activation
*QVC
*ShopNBC
*Valero
*Chevron

I was denied the following:

*NASA FCU
*PenFed CU
*Discover
*Patelco
*Old Navy

Who knows what CRs they REALLY pull?  I wish I knew who ABSOLUTELY pulled EQ exclusively!

Jennifer Z
*CCCU

Message 29 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed denied

I was also denied Kay Jewelers... grrrrrr... they said they pulled TU, although they said they pulled EQ... not true!

Jennifer Z
Message 30 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.