Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great News from PenFed

tag
rtoshow
Valued Member

Great News from PenFed

Weird,weird,weird..... I opened an account with PenFed last month & kinda forgot about it until today. Sittin' around with not much to do, I decided to access my account online. To make a long story short, I had to call them to assist me with access. After the help, the rep asked me if I would like to apply for a 5.9 % Visa Gold with a max credit limit of $40,000 ? Now, of course, I want this card, but I figured I didn't have a chance. I just got turned down the other day for a furniture store card. What do I care ? They sell junk anyway Smiley Wink So, I said.....what the hell. Not much to lose. She asked what kinda credit limit I wanted & I decided to shoot for $10k. Not sure where I got that number, but that's what I said. She asked me a gazillion questions & then said.....I have to send this to a supervisor, call back in 4 hours. My obvious thought was that this is the kiss of death. I called back later & she said they hadn't had a chance to review it but if I would hold on, she would have her boss take a quick look. After several minutes, she came back on & said, YOU'RE APPROVED ! I almost crapped my pants....I'm not kidding. She said all I need to do is fax them a paystub tomorrow & they will rush my card out. Did I get $10k ? Dunno & didn't ask. I'll know when I get it I guess. Point is, don't give up hope even when they keep saying no. Someone will eventually say yes. I'm real curious to see what happens with my app at CCCU. Thanks to everyone here & this wonderful board, I am getting my credit back on track. You guys rock !
Tim
Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Great News from PenFed

Did ya now?
Message 2 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 3 of 71
cgmiller63
Contributor

way to go!
Message 4 of 71
smallfry
Senior Contributor

5.9%? LOL.
Message 5 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

"gold" cards normaly have a AF
Message 6 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost knocked you off your chair, huh?  It's a great feeling after recently being told 'declined'.  Congrats!
Message 7 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrat!!!!

Do you have to live in the state that the CU resides to become a member?
Message 8 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a credit card and PLOC with Penfed. I love them. You don't have to live in the state they are in. If you are not qualified to join you can join through an affiliate link they have on their site. By the way you can check your online account and your credit card will show up with the amount of your credit limit.

Message Edited by onmyway3161 on 08-17-2007 12:15 PM
Message 9 of 71
rtoshow
Valued Member

I faxed the paystub that they wanted today. I called a few hours later to make sure they got it. I said, by the way, can you tell me my credit line....she said sure, $10k !!!! After crapping my pants so many times the last couple days, at least I have $10k to buy some new pants !!!!! Smiley Happy I owe it all to the people of this board. If it hadn't been for you folks, I wouldn't know about Penfed or CCCU. Now, I can't wait to see what CCCU has to say. Thanks a bunch everyone !
Tim
Message 10 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.