Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great job Mr. Mailman...

tag
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Great job Mr. Mailman...

That scares me. I live an apartment complex and I have my mail box amaong  at least 100 mail boxes!!

Message 31 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Involver wrote:

This is a very shady sounding story.

Well I'm sorry you feel that way. 

Message 32 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work in communications. Activating by phone would be so easy on a land line. Cell phone would be ALOT harder but possible.
I don't think I could list it here but I never ever use my landline always my cell phone. Way to hard to clone but possible. From just experience I use my cell phone for all payments. Especially giving out CC # over the phone and personal information.
I can't count the number of times I've heard people paying their bill over the landline phone and giving out their CC#. If I were a crook I could have wrote all that down and went shopping. I say be smart use your cell phone.
It also would be very easy if the CC wanted to see where the purchase or IP came from. I look at this stuff everyday. I have to deal with fraud stuff on a daily bases.
Message 33 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Neighbor brought over some mail that belonged to me that was placed in their mailbox on Saturday Smiley Frustrated

Called US Bank and Cabelas to check on status of my credit cards because I was approved mid November and still haven't received the cards...

Apparently the mailman placed my credit cards in the wrong mailbox. Someone activated the cards and has basically purchased all their Christmas gifts, had them shipped to my door and swooped in and picked up the package before I got home everyday. What in the FAUUUKKKKK???

They immediately shut down the card and expedited my new card today. SMH!! Who does this? 

I am very sorry to hear this. I have practically all of my cards sent UPS now instead of USPS because the post office has lost or had stolen mail with the last 4 of my SSN, credit cards, etc., and I am tired of worrying about who has my information. I think in my case (multiple pieces of mail) it was an inside job locally because the post office is using temporary postal contractors who come in from different states and do this as temp work. Really frustrating. Talked to the postmaster and his response was " we lose mail all the time. " Not ok with me, and not an acceptable response either.

Message 34 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our postal carriers have also been delivering mail rather sloppily lately.  On a number of occasions, we have received mail with 5104 as the street number (same street number as ours) but a totally different street name than ours.

Message 35 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Was the mail opened when he brought it over? 

No it wasn't opened and I had the hardest time with US Bank. The guy in the credit card dept was trying to get snippy with me like dude transfer me to fraud because its too early for your attitude. He was like YOU activated the card because you called in and asked for a credit line increase and I said for your information I called back the same week I was approved and asked for the credit line increase. No need to be rude and accusatory. IDIOT!!! The US Bank cl was $3000 and Cabelas $2000. Both cards were about maxed out so I guess whoever used it kept track of how much they were using on the cards. Ughhh!!! I hope the fraud adjustments are made before my balance is reported for the month. This is just ridiculous. 

Yet another reason why I am tired of some credit card companies sending out cards that are ALREADY activated and do not require activation.

Those cards that require activation should require more than just the last 4 of the social or mailing address/ zip code (and the thief already knows your mailing address, obviously, it's printed directly on the mail! )  Make it harder. Whoever stole my mail had mail containing the last 4 of my social as well as my credit cards and could have gone to town. Thankfully, I was keeping good track of when they should have arrived and canceled them before anyone had the opportunity.

But, someone out there still has my information. Smiley Sad

Message 36 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Here's my kicker. Us bank sends a AU card to my wife. So did meijers and target. No sticker on it. So I tell her to call and activate it. They tell her it comes activated. So I get on the phone like WTH you actually send out an activated card!! They're like yes that's the normal process. I tell them they need to change their process. This is how people steal and leave good people fighting for their credit.
My usbank is 9k.

Barclay's does this too, and it drives me crazy. I had my card compromised, so what do they do when they send me the new one? Send it out without requiring activation. And yes it was in one of the mail pieces that was subsequently stolen, so I had to call and get another one sent. Just not right.

Message 37 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe I am assuming this but anytime I've had something shipped to me the billing address had to be the same on that credit card or the order wouldnt go through.

Billing and shipping address do not need to be the same. Person ordering just needs to know what the billing address is.

Message 38 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Here's my kicker. Us bank sends a AU card to my wife. So did meijers and target. No sticker on it. So I tell her to call and activate it. They tell her it comes activated. So I get on the phone like WTH you actually send out an activated card!! They're like yes that's the normal process. I tell them they need to change their process. This is how people steal and leave good people fighting for their credit.
My usbank is 9k.

Barclay's does this too, and it drives me crazy. I had my card compromised, so what do they do when they send me the new one? Send it out without requiring activation. And yes it was in one of the mail pieces that was subsequently stolen, so I had to call and get another one sent. Just not right.

Yea i just asked my wife. Barclay also came activated ready for her to use. Their reasoning....its the same number and that number is activated by the primary card holder.....

and someone speaking about pin in chip. I litterally went to macys to buy my wife her xmas present. The lady asked if i had that feature. I said yes. She took the card from me, the reader was right in front of me so i could have easly done it. She says, push it in till it clicks...she pulls it out shortly after, says sign in the box and says haveva good day Harley14......im like WTH. I COULD HAVE BEEN ANYONE...no ID, nothing....went to Kays and i swiped there, got message show card to cashier. She hands it back. Again no ID was asked for.....wheres the security?

Now target i have the pin in chip, i MUST put in the pin. Without it. I get nothing. 

Message 39 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea i just asked my wife. Barclay also came activated ready for her to use. Their reasoning....its the same number and that number is activated by the primary card holder.....

@humuhumunukunukuapua'a wrote:

Sorry to hear that, I know it's frustrating. My replacement card was a totally different number and it still came activated and ready to use. That's ridiculous.

Message 40 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.