Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great job Mr. Mailman...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Great job Mr. Mailman...

My Motorola card was actually just a piece of paper with the account number on it. Ready to use. Lol. Said on it don't lose this paper as it contains your account number. Lol
Message 51 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My Motorola card was actually just a piece of paper with the account number on it. Ready to use. Lol. Said on it don't lose this paper as it contains your account number. Lol

LMAO!! Well geeez thanks!

Message 52 of 58
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@OMW2_HighAcheiver wrote:
I've NEVER had to use my pin with ANY of my chip cards. No one asks for ID these days.

That's because the VAST majority of US chipped cards are chip&sig.   Very few exceptions

Message 53 of 58
Aahz
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@OMW2_HighAcheiver wrote:
I've NEVER had to use my pin with ANY of my chip cards. No one asks for ID these days.

That's because the VAST majority of US chipped cards are chip&sig.   Very few exceptions

Y'all seem to be missing/forgetting that chip cards were never intended to hel pprotect you, the consumer, from fraud.  Consumers are already 100% protected (in fact, over-protected as anyone who's ever received a fradulent chargeback will tell you!).  The chip cards all became widespread here in the US to protect the businesses from credit card fraud.  If your local store swipes your chip card and it's fraudulent then they eat the costs, but if they properly use the chip then the bank eats the costs.  Chip has nothing to do with protecting you.

Message 54 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just reading your thread.What a nightmare!

Message 55 of 58
jeffery581
Established Contributor

RE       

This whole thread is rather alarming. Especially considering one has NO IDEA when a CC is going to be delivered, so how would one even know that it's been compromised? Just absurd!

All of my CCs and AU CCs (including Barclay) required activation, so I'm wondering if this is a new thing. Although the Barclay's activation for my Mom's AU CC may not have been necessary since when I tried to activate it, I got an error, and when I SM them, they said, don't worry, the card's ready to use. I still have an alert on my account saying that I will have limited use until I call them, but that has yet to be the case. 

Yes. It is alarming.........

That's a good portion or fraud right there. I guess different lenders are different in regards to already active credit cards in the us postal service system. Thats a huge security and fraud risk.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 56 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went back to some of our posts about card activation in August and one other card that didn't require activation was my Venture. Nice, 15k credit line at that time and just came ready to use.

Not cool.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclay-card-activation-measures/td-p/4172619/highlight...

Message 57 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a great thread! Finally we get a sense of some of the challenges. My postal person delivers my mail to the neighbor (only two houses in the block). What happened to quality postal service? Having to install cameras because your car gets stolen from the front of your house is too ... much! ;(
Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.