Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green vs Plum Card

tag
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Re: Green vs Plum Card

When I got in with American Express over 3 years ago, I first applied for the Green card. I was approved. I then applied for the Plum card and was also approved. However, Amex did 2 hard pulls on my Experian report. Each application will be a hard inquiry, not soft so be prepared to take a double hit if applying for both. IMO, it's probably better to take the hits now and then garden.

As far as the Plum, your business should have an annual revenue of six figure figures and above. The rest is determined by your personal credit history because you will be personally guaranteeing this card. The inquiry will show but the account will not report personally.

I've had the Plum card for over 3 years now and love it. People take a second look at it because of the color and you can defer payments to preserve cash flow. Go for it.

Good luck.

UM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 11 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Green vs Plum Card

@Uncle_Money wrote:

When I got in with American Express over 3 years ago, I first applied for the Green card. I was approved. I then applied for the Plum card and was also approved. However, Amex did 2 hard pulls on my Experian report. Each application will be a hard inquiry, not soft so be prepared to take a double hit if applying for both. IMO, it's probably better to take the hits now and then garden.

As far as the Plum, your business should have an annual revenue of six figure figures and above. The rest is determined by your personal credit history because you will be personally guaranteeing this card. The inquiry will show but the account will not report personally.

I've had the Plum card for over 3 years now and love it. People take a second look at it because of the color and you can defer payments to preserve cash flow. Go for it.

Good luck.

UM

I believe Amex apps on same day are usually just one pull, however if you apply for a personal and a business same day I think you are going to see 2 pulls.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.