Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Groupon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Groupon

Does anybody know what Groupon is coded as with CC companies? I'm looking to use some of my Arrival miles and was going to book a getaway through them.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: Groupon

I have purchased several things from Groupon, though never a Gateaway. But I just looked through all my transactions on my Discover Card that were made on Groupon, and they are all coded a "Services". So, with the caveats that Discover is not Mastercard nor Barclays and that I never actually purchased a Groupon Gateaway, I doubt you would be able to redeem your Arrival Miles for this.

However, once you are on your vacation, if you make purchases like eating at the hotel restaurants, parking, etc., those should all count.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think discover deal offers 5% or 10% cashback on groupon.

Message 3 of 5
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Right, which is why my Groupon purchases are on my Discover. :-) But I think OP is asking if they can redeem Arrival+ miles on a Groupon Gateway by purchasing it and then designating it as a travel purchase. I doubt they can.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Right, which is why my Groupon purchases are on my Discover. :-) But I think OP is asking if they can redeem Arrival+ miles on a Groupon Gateway by purchasing it and then designating it as a travel purchase. I doubt they can.

oh right.... durrrrr.... reading fail again. Smiley LOL

anyway, isn't groupon travel section ran by (or affiliated with) expedia or some sort of travel website? if so they can just find similar deal from that website.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.