Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grrr

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grrr

I applied for a few store cards last week. Today, I received denials from both Walmart and Target. I was denied because they were unable to verify my address and phone number. A few of my other applications for cards  asked me some questions for verification and one wants a untility bill. Are these two stores doing so well, that they cannot be bothered to put a little effort into verifying potential customers? The Target letter was just plain bizarre. Telling me I was denied and then saying they look forward to seeing me @ Target soon (only been there once, but it looked good for various household items).  Anyway, I am not too, too disappointed, but I found the whole thing odd.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Grrr

Contact them quickly and verify ID. Target may have denied you then found a way to ID your address and approved you. Doesn't sound so bad.
Message 2 of 3
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Re: Grrr

@Anonymous wrote:
Contact them quickly and verify ID. Target may have denied you then found a way to ID your address and approved you. Doesn't sound so bad.

+1. Definitely give Target Bank a call and talk to them about the denial. A good chance you'll get in. They seem to be taking identity verification VERY serious lately.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.