Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed approval Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Guaranteed approval Amex

Wow.. this is great and definitely a great way to your foot in the door with them. 

Message 11 of 20
in0wh3r3ul1v3
New Contributor

Agreed!

Employed by a large US corporation, but no such dialogue on my Corporate Card account. Smiley Sad

Macy's Red Star - $5100 (1/2010)
AMEX Everyday - $9000 (1/2011 Backdated)
AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL
Chase Amazon Prime - $8900 (11/2011)
Lowe's/SYNCB - $6500 (7/2014)
J. Crew/CB - $3500 (2/2015)
Target REDcard - $500 (11/2015)
Citi AAdvantage - $4000 (6/2016)
Chase United MileagePlus - $5000 (2/2017)
Message 12 of 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats OP, This is really great!!!! Are there any stipulations? I ask this because many, many years ago when I had a corporate AmX card through my employer, employees could only use the card for business-related expenses. Now, if this can be used as your personal card too, this is absolutely wonderful, but with caveats! How are payments made? In my case, the company paid the bill, then employees had to do an expense reimbursement to pay the company back. This didn't create a problem so long as all expenses were business-related. Now if personal purchases are made, that's a different story. I definitely wouldn't want my employer knowing what personal purchases I'm putting on the card. I think the pilot program will work because I'm thinking the employer has overall responsibility for the card. However, this is a double-edge sword if an individual's credit profile is vulnerable. I'm thinking an employee better be prepared to be fired if he/she makes purchases that in the future she/he can't afford to pay for.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 13 of 20
sjt
Senior Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:
Congrats OP, This is really great!!!! Are there any stipulations? I ask this because many, many years ago when I had a corporate AmX card through my employer, employees could only use the card for business-related expenses. Now, if this can be used as your personal card too, this is absolutely wonderful, but with caveats! How are payments made? In my case, the company paid the bill, then employees had to do an expense reimbursement to pay the company back. This didn't create a problem so long as all expenses were business-related. Now if personal purchases are made, that's a different story. I definitely wouldn't want my employer knowing what personal purchases I'm putting on the card. I think the pilot program will work because I'm thinking the employer has overall responsibility for the card. However, this is a double-edge sword if an individual's credit profile is vulnerable. I'm thinking an employee better be prepared to be fired if he/she makes purchases that in the future she/he can't afford to pay for.

Although the pre-approval offer is based on the corporate card program, it will have nothing to do with the employer. So this means that the employer will not be held liable if the cardholder defaults.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm surprised they didn't do this earlier or that others haven't offered a similar program. A large corporation that can vouch for their employees is a great way of getting a loyal, dedicated customer that is also low risk for Amex/Visa/MC etc
Message 15 of 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@sjt wrote:

Although the pre-approval offer is based on the corporate card program, it will have nothing to do with the employer. So this means that the employer will not be held liable if the cardholder defaults.

That's good news. Thanks sjt

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Corporate Advantage Program - guaranteed approval?

@trant3 wrote:
I wish chase did something like this since I have their JP Morgan corporate card

Same, my company uses JP Morgan. If only Chase allowed us to bypass the 5/24 rule via corporate offers! Smiley Very Happy

But, big congrats OP. That's a great SL, and getting in with AMEX is awesome!

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

What he said lol. I still have my corporate green card that business charges go on. The other two cards are personal cards and not tied to or tracked by the company. 

Message 18 of 20
trant3
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@trant3 wrote:
I wish chase did something like this since I have their JP Morgan corporate card

Same, my company uses JP Morgan. If only Chase allowed us to bypass the 5/24 rule via corporate offers! Smiley Very Happy

But, big congrats OP. That's a great SL, and getting in with AMEX is awesome!

OMG I would die for that day LOL

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So update. You apparently can still get an FR lol. After about two weeks my cards stopped working and I had a FR. I guess given my score and my overuse of spending limit check they decided to verify income. I had no problem with this as I didn't lie on the app.  BUT, they pulled my 2015 taxes because it is too soon for 2016 to be pulled. I explained that in 2015 I was working for a startup so my income, while still high, was a third of what I claimed on the app. 

Long story short, they pulled the return and placed a limit on my PRG. It's $7,400 which is more than I would spend in a month anyway so no biggie. It will be reevaluated in 90 days. My BCP limit was not touched. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.