Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed approval Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guaranteed approval Amex

So American Express has a new program that is in pilot , their Corporate Advantage Program. I was popping into my corporate Amex card account and had a note saying I was preapproved for a Blue cash preferred card. I ignored it at first as I have a very low credit score (467 because of limited history from one card opened and defaulted on by a family member in my name as the only thing in my report). Then I remembered someone in the office talking about the program we had with Amex where it is almost guaranteed acceptance and decided to apply. To say I was shocked when it came back with an approval was an understatement. I was even more shocked when it gave me a $10,000 credit line. When I went back into the portal I also had an offer for a premier gold card, applied, also instantly accepted. 

I am just in shock. Does anyone else have this at their company 

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-pilot-program-increased-signup-bonuses-personal-cards-corporate-c...

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Corporate Advantage Program - guaranteed approval?

Now those are some interesting approvals considering the context of your personal reports.  $10K is $10K though and it's a ginormous step to getting your score up to something reasonable very quickly.  PRG is just the cherry on top.  

Message 2 of 20
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval OP! That definitely helps your credit profile, and good information to know.

This sounds like a very good program, if your corporation is involved. AMEX is making a good choice in their marketing also; folks who have a job with a larger corporation are undoubtedly better risks and easier to target than random web pages and consumers who seek out AMEX.

I'm sure AMEX has a good customer for a long time with the OP now Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

They Certainly do have a customer for life now. Especially considering I was about to setup a large balance secured card to start the process of building credit. Guess I won't need to do that now. 

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

Now those are some interesting approvals considering the context of your personal reports.  $10K is $10K though and it's a ginormous step to getting your score up to something reasonable very quickly.  PRG is just the cherry on top.  

I definitely agree about PRG especially considering the $200 statement credit is extended to two years and they still waive th $195 fee the first year. 

Message 5 of 20
trant3
Established Contributor

I wish chase did something like this since I have their JP Morgan corporate card
FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best part of this is that according to DoC these bonuses do not count towards the once in a lifetime bonus that applies to normal personal cards.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if there is a way to see what companies this is being piloted with. 

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if there is a way to see what companies this is being piloted with. 

That would be nice but doubt Amex would reveal that info if this is a pilot program.  BTW, thanks for sharing this info.  I'm sure it will help others.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked with my company's Amex administrator to ask more questions about this program. Apparently it really is guaranteed approval as long as you have an Corporate Amex with the company. Your income determines your limit. I asked whether you have to do income verifications at some point (FR) she said no, the way the deal works, Amex provides everyone with the card and the company is essentially "vouching" through their allowing you to have a corporate card. "Your income verification is your employment with the company," is what she finished with.  

I also learned that I can (and did) add AUs to the accounts even if they have defaulted with Amex in the past. It doesn't get immediately approved, but they manually put through the approval within 24 hours. 

Seems it is a TRUE back door into Amex membership in a way that is less of a headache (no FR) Glad I was able to take advantage. I am curious to see whether the 3x option will hold true. Guess I will find out in April. 

Hopefully people don't abuse this and it can spread to more companies.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.