Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guess HSBC-only branded credit cards are moving up to prime land

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Guess HSBC-only branded credit cards are moving up to prime land

I'm not following, I went to Householdbank.com Clicked the start button and that runs the pre-approval for you.

But the Best Buy Mastercard is a far better product then just the plan Householdbank card if you ask me because it actually earns rewards.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm talking about plain HSBC only credit cards. Not the Orchard/Household/BBRZ varities.

Message 12 of 22
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

I thought you had to have your HSBC card for 6 months before you can apply for another one? 

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What I find intersting is that you can no longer apply for a credit card from their website, take a look and you'll notice there is nothing there to actually apply:

http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/3/personal?home=personal

Yes, I know the pre-approval link still exists but the only way to find it is to google "hsbc apply" and its like th 5th link listed. It's not linked from any main site so how would potential customers find it? This would be a terrible way to find new customers which leads me to believe something is up.

HSBC credit cards are strictly for HSBC account holders now. You need to login to your account (any account) in order to start the application process.

Message 14 of 22
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What I find intersting is that you can no longer apply for a credit card from their website, take a look and you'll notice there is nothing there to actually apply:

Yes, I know the pre-approval link still exists but the only way to find it is to google "hsbc apply" and its like th 5th link listed. It's not linked from any main site so how would potential customers find it? This would be a terrible way to find new customers which leads me to believe something is up.

HSBC credit cards are strictly for HSBC account holders now. You need to login to your account (any account) in order to start the application process.

I signed on to my HSBC MC account and there is no option to apply for another HSBC CC.  I guess you need a chekcing or savings.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I signed on to my HSBC MC account and there is no option to apply for another HSBC CC.  I guess you need a chekcing or savings.

Yes, thats exactly what I meant to say.

Message 16 of 22
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

I called the magic number today to try and get a waiver on my HSBC card's annual fee (no success). The rep was very aggressive with the "have you considered that you may have outgrown the card? You should visit our HSBC apply site to see if there is a better card for you." I told her the HSBC site has nothing except the Online Savings Account listed, no cards. She said I must be mistaken. It's been that way for me since right around CARD act came into effect, is it just me?
Message 17 of 22
thunderxls
Valued Member

Did you apply for the Best Buy MC or the secured Best Buy MC?  Thanks!

Message 18 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What are you all talking about if I may ask.... Householdbank.com Very much still has a pre-approval application for a plan Jane HSBC card.

Message 19 of 22
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

What are you all talking about if I may ask.... Householdbank.com Very much still has a pre-approval application for a plan Jane HSBC card.

Householdbank.com has 2 credit cards listed and both are Household bank, NOT HSBC.  HSBC has no cards listed.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.