Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Epic Contributor

Re: Guess HSBC-only branded credit cards are moving up to prime land

I'm not following, I went to Householdbank.com Clicked the start button and that runs the pre-approval for you.

But the Best Buy Mastercard is a far better product then just the plan Householdbank card if you ask me because it actually earns rewards.

Fico Scores 8: EX 694. TU 689. EQ 658. 05/26/2015
New Contributor

I'm talking about plain HSBC only credit cards. Not the Orchard/Household/BBRZ varities.

Established Contributor

I thought you had to have your HSBC card for 6 months before you can apply for another one? 

Current Score: EQ: 807 TU: 811 EX: 813 (Fico) 8/14
Goal Scores: 760 Across all 3-Finally

Citi TY Premier 46.5k| Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| CapOne 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2k
Established Contributor

jaystay wrote:

What I find intersting is that you can no longer apply for a credit card from their website, take a look and you'll notice there is nothing there to actually apply:

http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/3/personal?home=personal

Yes, I know the pre-approval link still exists but the only way to find it is to google "hsbc apply" and its like th 5th link listed. It's not linked from any main site so how would potential customers find it? This would be a terrible way to find new customers which leads me to believe something is up.

HSBC credit cards are strictly for HSBC account holders now. You need to login to your account (any account) in order to start the application process.

Senior Contributor

ifinet wrote:

jaystay wrote:

What I find intersting is that you can no longer apply for a credit card from their website, take a look and you'll notice there is nothing there to actually apply:

Yes, I know the pre-approval link still exists but the only way to find it is to google "hsbc apply" and its like th 5th link listed. It's not linked from any main site so how would potential customers find it? This would be a terrible way to find new customers which leads me to believe something is up.

HSBC credit cards are strictly for HSBC account holders now. You need to login to your account (any account) in order to start the application process.

I signed on to my HSBC MC account and there is no option to apply for another HSBC CC.  I guess you need a chekcing or savings.

Established Contributor

Wolf3 wrote:

ifinet wrote:

jaystay wrote:

I signed on to my HSBC MC account and there is no option to apply for another HSBC CC.  I guess you need a chekcing or savings.

Yes, thats exactly what I meant to say.

Frequent Contributor

I called the magic number today to try and get a waiver on my HSBC card's annual fee (no success). The rep was very aggressive with the "have you considered that you may have outgrown the card? You should visit our HSBC apply site to see if there is a better card for you." I told her the HSBC site has nothing except the Online Savings Account listed, no cards. She said I must be mistaken. It's been that way for me since right around CARD act came into effect, is it just me?
Valued Member

Did you apply for the Best Buy MC or the secured Best Buy MC?  Thanks!

Epic Contributor

What are you all talking about if I may ask.... Householdbank.com Very much still has a pre-approval application for a plan Jane HSBC card.

Fico Scores 8: EX 694. TU 689. EQ 658. 05/26/2015
Senior Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:

What are you all talking about if I may ask.... Householdbank.com Very much still has a pre-approval application for a plan Jane HSBC card.

Householdbank.com has 2 credit cards listed and both are Household bank, NOT HSBC.  HSBC has no cards listed.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.