Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guess the cause of my score drop

tag
RonDawg
Contributor

Re: Guess the cause of my score drop

My guess is you applied for more then 1 new account the accounts were approved (if I remember correctly you left the garden).  Once the accounts and the hard pulls posted to your CR your scores dropped. But you could have just missed the cut off line on a payment and your account updated with a higher then average UTL (when actually your card was at a -0- balance).  That or any number of other things FICO scores jump around because of a number of different things. I could go on I bet I could guess the real reason soon Smiley Wink

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 41 of 67
RonDawg
Contributor

Or this guess..The real "Reason".. A Sasquatch stole your identity and started opening up accounts better look out it might even have your DL by now Smiley Wink

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
Message 42 of 67
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

You made a youtube video confessing your addiction to buying  miniture crystal unicorns.

Credit card company notices the only thing you buy are thousand of these minitures.

Video ends with you chewing the head off one of the unicorns and crying for help.

Too Dark ?

Hey, you started this thread.

(Now where are my cheetos.)

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 43 of 67
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

He bought a miniature giraffe.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 67
RonDawg
Contributor

Someone started reporting your threads to the CRA's they took notice and started reading them they figured out who you were and said :: POOF :: "Okay we drop score now, magic number 56" 

What can I say I am bored ATM.

Message 45 of 67
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Well I don't know how it happened but I just hope you're going to be awake to provide the answer.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 46 of 67
distantarray
Established Contributor

hmmm i'll go for something that no one's said yet.

Your item in dispute is no longer in dispute Smiley Tongue

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 47 of 67
HiLine
Blogger

@distantarray wrote:

What kind of dispute are we talking about? Something I legitimately have but creditors don't approve?  Cat Surprised

Message 48 of 67
distantarray
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

What kind of dispute are we talking about? Something I legitimately have but creditors don't approve?  Cat Surprised

could be either way, could be legitimate debt, like a charge off if you dispute it , it won't factor into your fico artificially inflating your credit score for a month while in dispute.

it could be illegitmate like someone else with a similar name appearing on your reports that you tried to dispute but got "verified" as a response.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 49 of 67
HiLine
Blogger

@Mustangfrank wrote:

You made a youtube video confessing your addiction to buying  miniture crystal unicorns.

Credit card company notices the only thing you buy are thousand of these minitures.

Video ends with you chewing the head off one of the unicorns and crying for help.

Too Dark ?

Hey, you started this thread.

(Now where are my cheetos.)

I don't know. I guess being addicted to miniature crystal unicorns does less harm than spending $107,000 on Christmas stuff. Robot tongue

Message 50 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.