cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guess the cause of my score drop

Established Contributor

Re: Guess the cause of my score drop

Your $15,000 Crap1 limit was corrected to the actual $150 CL when they figured out their mistake.

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: 773 EQ(DCU), 757 TU(Barclay), 788 EX(Credit.com)
Goal Score:760 X 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 31 of 67
Frequent Contributor

Applied for a Macy's card for black friday and maxed it out same day.

Message 32 of 67
Blogger

guydiver wrote:

Your $15,000 Crap1 limit was corrected to the actual $150 CL when they figured out their mistake.

Holy Crap!!!
Message 33 of 67
Valued Contributor

My guess: you are an AU on a relatives account.  Probably your oldest account reporting.  The primary allowed a neg to report.  Or- the utility was run up high on this account.  It's your highest reported limit causing your utility to skyrocket.  Or a combo of the both.  Or last but not least- the primary just closed the account or you are no longer a AU on it pushing your utiltiy up and AAoA down.  That's my guess. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 34 of 67
Frequent Contributor

I am going to guess that you let a card (with good cli) go stale and they closed the account and removed your tradeline.  You lost an aged card and the CLI.

Message 35 of 67
Established Contributor

It has to be a combo.  I say a bad collections, plus he is an AU on another account that went late/bad.  He called the bank and demanded that he be removed from the AU account.  The bank agreed and will report this ASAP.  Score will go back up tomorrow.

I had something similar happen to me.  I had dropped from a class and was waiting for the Registar to report how much I owed (20%  or 33%).  The Business Office billed me the full amount.  They put me in collections.  My score dropped 50 points.  I called the Businees Office back, who called the Registrars Office and I was billed out at 20%.  I put a down payment and received a $7 refund.  The CA corrected all of my accounts within 24 hours.

F'08 FEB18: EQ721, EX702, TU734; Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011
Message 36 of 67
Blogger

Duncanrr wrote:
He got busted by his employer for supplying classified documents to Wikileaks.

Oh noooo!!!! Dang! I had a feeling this would eventually happen...

The clock is ticking....

Hint #4: it is a combo  Smiley Indifferent

Message 37 of 67
Valued Contributor

Okay, I'll make a wild guess here.  One of your oldest accounts fell off and at the same time a new credit item with a balance appeared which reduced your AAoA and increased your utilization.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 38 of 67
Regular Contributor

Your EX reported you to the IRS because you were having an affair with her sister (or brother) 

She/He tells the IRS you were laundering money through your credit cards !

Oh Wait......that was me :-(

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 39 of 67
Established Contributor

You pre-purchased all of the items in the song Twelve Days of Christmas.  Cost this year: $107,000.

Message 40 of 67