cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guess what

Super Contributor

Guess what

Guess what. Amex gave me such a talk that they will close all my accounts if I do not comply with FR and submit my papers. I choose the path to close all the accounts. I do not understand why they would not discuss any thing until I comply. Next day I applied for the Zync card. Today I received the email that my application is approved. What a pain. I do not understand why they would not work with me and unless I comply. This card will be sock drawered for the rest of my life and never see the light of the day. Now hopefully I'll get the refund of my AF I paid on my previous cards that is close to $600 and my rewards points

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Guess what

It is my understanding that if you fail to comply to FR you lose all of your points and they close your accounts...That could have changed however...

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 2 of 12
Valued Contributor

Re: Guess what

Good luck concorduser, hopefully you get your money and points !

Starting Score: EQ 681 5/2011, EX 656 6/2011 (PSECU), TU98 642 6/2011
Current Score: EQ 741 12/2011, EX 730 08/15 (PSECU), TU08 710 08/15
Goal Score: 725+ across the board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 12
Super Contributor

Re: Guess what


ArisGreek wrote:

It is my understanding that if you fail to comply to FR you lose all of your points and they close your accounts...That could have changed however...


As long as we have an active card the should return the AF on the cancelled cards. It is lot of money $500-$600 and hope I'll get back.

Message 4 of 12
Senior Contributor

Re: Guess what

Back in bed with Amex this soon?


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
Super Contributor

Re: Guess what


drkaje wrote:

Back in bed with Amex this soon?


I want my prorated AF back on the cards that are closed. This is only way to get it back. This card will never see the day light and stay in the sock drawer. I'll never trust Amex and depend on it. Hope I'll get my pro rated AF back. I have to start calling them every day until I get the money back. 

Message 6 of 12
Senior Contributor

Re: Guess what

They wouldn't send you a check? That bites!

 

I will eventually get one for the backdating and 6% cash back on groceries.


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 12
Established Contributor

Re: Guess what


concorduser wrote:

Guess what. Amex gave me such a talk that they will close all my accounts if I do not comply with FR and submit my papers. I choose the path to close all the accounts. I do not understand why they would not discuss any thing until I comply. Next day I applied for the Zync card. Today I received the email that my application is approved. What a pain. I do not understand why they would not work with me and unless I comply. This card will be sock drawered for the rest of my life and never see the light of the day. Now hopefully I'll get the refund of my AF I paid on my previous cards that is close to $600 and my rewards points


Will somebody please make a note of the date of this note.  Concorduser will NOT, repeat NOT, sockdrawer this card forever.  He will be out charging up a storm within a short period of time, and complaining about it the whole time.

Message 8 of 12
Mega Contributor

Re: Guess what


Watchmann wrote:

concorduser wrote:

Guess what. Amex gave me such a talk that they will close all my accounts if I do not comply with FR and submit my papers. I choose the path to close all the accounts. I do not understand why they would not discuss any thing until I comply. Next day I applied for the Zync card. Today I received the email that my application is approved. What a pain. I do not understand why they would not work with me and unless I comply. This card will be sock drawered for the rest of my life and never see the light of the day. Now hopefully I'll get the refund of my AF I paid on my previous cards that is close to $600 and my rewards points


Will somebody please make a note of the date of this note.  Concorduser will NOT, repeat NOT, sockdrawer this card forever.  He will be out charging up a storm within a short period of time, and complaining about it the whole time.


+1




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 12
Valued Contributor

Re: Guess what

Either that or another drama thread about either AmEx FRing him again and/or blacklisting him forever.
Message 10 of 12