Super Contributor

Guess what

Guess what. Amex gave me such a talk that they will close all my accounts if I do not comply with FR and submit my papers. I choose the path to close all the accounts. I do not understand why they would not discuss any thing until I comply. Next day I applied for the Zync card. Today I received the email that my application is approved. What a pain. I do not understand why they would not work with me and unless I comply. This card will be sock drawered for the rest of my life and never see the light of the day. Now hopefully I'll get the refund of my AF I paid on my previous cards that is close to $600 and my rewards points

Frequent Contributor

Re: Guess what

It is my understanding that if you fail to comply to FR you lose all of your points and they close your accounts...That could have changed however...

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]
Good luck concorduser, hopefully you get your money and points !

Starting Score: EQ 681 5/2011, EX 656 6/2011 (PSECU), TU98 642 6/2011
Current Score: EQ 741 12/2011, EX 709 06/15 (ChaseSlate), TU08 695 05/15
Goal Score: 725+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Super Contributor

ArisGreek wrote:

It is my understanding that if you fail to comply to FR you lose all of your points and they close your accounts...That could have changed however...

As long as we have an active card the should return the AF on the cancelled cards. It is lot of money $500-$600 and hope I'll get back.

Senior Contributor

Back in bed with Amex this soon?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Super Contributor

drkaje wrote:

Back in bed with Amex this soon?

I want my prorated AF back on the cards that are closed. This is only way to get it back. This card will never see the day light and stay in the sock drawer. I'll never trust Amex and depend on it. Hope I'll get my pro rated AF back. I have to start calling them every day until I get the money back. 

Senior Contributor

They wouldn't send you a check? That bites!

I will eventually get one for the backdating and 6% cash back on groceries.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Established Contributor

concorduser wrote:

Guess what. Amex gave me such a talk that they will close all my accounts if I do not comply with FR and submit my papers. I choose the path to close all the accounts. I do not understand why they would not discuss any thing until I comply. Next day I applied for the Zync card. Today I received the email that my application is approved. What a pain. I do not understand why they would not work with me and unless I comply. This card will be sock drawered for the rest of my life and never see the light of the day. Now hopefully I'll get the refund of my AF I paid on my previous cards that is close to $600 and my rewards points

Will somebody please make a note of the date of this note.  Concorduser will NOT, repeat NOT, sockdrawer this card forever.  He will be out charging up a storm within a short period of time, and complaining about it the whole time.

Mega Contributor

Watchmann wrote:

concorduser wrote:

Will somebody please make a note of the date of this note.  Concorduser will NOT, repeat NOT, sockdrawer this card forever.  He will be out charging up a storm within a short period of time, and complaining about it the whole time.

+1

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor

Either that or another drama thread about either AmEx FRing him again and/or blacklisting him forever.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.