Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide my weak hand

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guide my weak hand

Me and my wife will fall about 20k-35k (depending on spend) points short for a free five day stay at an SPG property in November (1yr anniversary) due to a hotel randomly changing from a category 5 to a category 6 (just my luck lol). She already has a10k SPG that I'm an AU on. Only way to get there is for me to eventually get one. SPG is running 35k point bonus until 3/30. My chances are slim to none (probably like 1%), but it's like the only option for those additional points. My 1yr with AmEx is in April. They let me in the door last April with 8 collections and 9 delinquent accounts. Well three collections I handled last year and four collections just randomly (I don't ask questions) fell of my EQ/EX last week. So I have one collection on both. Is there a shot at getting this card? If not this month then maybe by end of summer? Do AmEx notice the betterment of my file?

Also, since two SPGs are pointless (if I do get one this year), is the only thing it can be converted to is a Delta/Hilton? I want the SPG to be in my name since I go on an average of 5-10 vacations a year while my wife goes on like 3. Besides, canceling a card, is the Delta any good? I probably fly like 4 times a year. Don't know if that would offset the cost of the AF. It would be nice to get the AmEx BCP as we spend a hefty amount on grocery and gas (45min drive to work). 

The 10k SPG that my wife got in January is not yet posted to my CRs. Utilization is at 22% overall with that card not included (43% on my Barclay, 40% on Discover it, 4% Cap One, the rest 0 balance)

Feel free to me never in my dreams Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.