Did you mean: 

Guide to credit from age 20-25

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Guide to credit from age 20-25

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I use Credit.com for my EX, and CreditKarma for my EQ and TU.  The average age of my credit is quite low, something like 6-7 months I think.  Quite low considering I've held credit for a little over a year now.  I'll heed everyone's suggestions and stop the apps for quite sometime, more than likely at least for the next year.  I imagine I'll hit my goal quite quickly once I get my balances on individual cards drops some. 

Those are your Fako scores, I use those sites to look at the reports and make sure everything is reported  corectly,but I wouldn't put much stock in the scors themselves. Do any of your 10 cards give you a true Fico? Your Discover should give you your TU Fico score but I'm not sure about the others.  I'd use that over the sites you mentioned. With no baddies I wouldn't be surprised if your scores were much different then what you reported. 

Oh and as for advice, If I were in your shoes at your age, I'd spend the next few years culling the heard while those inqs fall off. I'd cancel and murge cards I found I didn't use and grow the ones I liked. In other words, I'd garden. 

That makes sense.  I was wondering what the inconsistensies in the scores were all about.  I'll rely on the ones from my actual credit card providers from now on.  

I actually just got off of Chat with CapOne and got my Journey Student card PC'd to an original QuickSilver card.  Once that gets here, I'll merge my QS and QSO into one card with a pretty respectable limit.  Didn't think they'd do it for me, tbh, but I guess you never know until you ask.  

Yay!

YAY YAY YAY!  Glad I could help.  Movin' on up!!! :-)

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.