Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guilty Amex feeling

tag
NowIcare
Regular Contributor

Guilty Amex feeling

So I have a bit of a history with Amex I got a Delta Gold card in 07 and then in early 08 they reduced my limit to $200 I was mad so called and cancelled so it has been over a year now and for some strange reason I got the itch yesterday to apply for a Amex Gold card so I went on the preapproval and it returned nothing I went ahead and applied anyhow and to my surprise it came back approved. Im pretty sure ill be back here sometime soon complaining LOL I cant explain why I want an Amex I feel horrible about it. I hope this time the charge card will be different Smiley Wink

Message Edited by NowIcare on 10-29-2009 11:47 AM
NO SIGNATURE FOR ME
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Guilty Amex feeling

Well, congrats!!!!!!! Interesting too.
Message 2 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats! Never feel guilty about any AMEX products.  AMEX is the prime of all cards with an award winning customer service team. 
Message Edited by DI on 10-29-2009 05:08 PM
Message 3 of 7
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Congrats. Make sure they report your member since date from the earlier account. If you see the earlier date at the top of the screen when you log on, they will report it no problem. If not, call CS and have them update it.

This will prevent your score from being hurt by a new account.

Message 4 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Congrats! That's a good card - take care of it.
Message 5 of 7
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@tiger67 wrote:

Congrats. Make sure they report your member since date from the earlier account. If you see the earlier date at the top of the screen when you log on, they will report it no problem. If not, call CS and have them update it.

This will prevent your score from being hurt by a new account.

You'll still possibly take a hit by having a new account.  AMEX does not reopen your old account, all they do is make the original 'Member Since' date the same on your new account.  All it helps is your AAOA calculation. 

Message 6 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You will still get the new account ding - it is a new account. However, mitigating damage to AAoA can go a long way to offseting that.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.