Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gunning for Amex today

tag
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: Gunning for Amex today

Mail in the verification!

Sounds to me like you are approved except for that!

The reason they are asking for proof of address is a fraud deterent. They are making sure someone didn't steal your identity and is now applying for credit cards with it. When you apply for new credit cards back to back it sometimes triggers this fraud alert function.

Good luck!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 81 of 94
DVH1980
Contributor

I did explain to the rep that I was just approved for Zync, out of his garbled foreign accent response(really annoying by the way, ive yet to get that from Discover or USAA, or Barclays for that matter) I managed to pick out "fraud acitivity", I asked if there was something I could fax over he rudely replied it has to be sent through the mail.

While I understand it might trigger a fraud alert, why would you say we arent going to issue your BCE card right now because we beleive there may be some fraudukent activity happening,but, we're going to go ahead and mail a different credit card to that name and address anyways!

I ended the call rather abruptly when I inquired to the address to mail the stuff to and got a tone that I was bothering this person, it seems he relunctantly gave me the address but unfortunately I couldnt understand him, after several attempts to get the correct address I thanked him and ended the call. I'll call back today and get the address.

While saving a hard pull later is obviously a good thing, Im still wondering if the backdating is of more value to me. Im also curious as to if this means they approved it pending verification or if they truly cant complete the approval process without verifying my address first? Thoughts?

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 82 of 94
jamie123
Valued Contributor

They didn't tell you that you were approved except for that, but they also didn't say you were declined, did they?

Call CS for the address today. Get it in the mail!

You are approved! You just don't know it yet!

Quit with asking about the fax, they need to receive it by USPS.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 83 of 94
DVH1980
Contributor

Also just found out they pulled all 3 reports, OUCH!

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 84 of 94
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@DVH1980 wrote:

Also just found out they pulled all 3 reports, OUCH!

Well now you need to take action. Give them what they are looking for and I feel you will be approved.

Again, you have nothing to lose at this point.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 85 of 94
DVH1980
Contributor

Yep, on the phone as I type this. The rep is much more helpful and is attempting to verify my address by contacting my bank so hopefully I can avoid having to mail anything and get answer immediately......stay tuned

Message 86 of 94
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

I'm finding this whole ordeal entertaining. Smiley LOL

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 87 of 94
DVH1980
Contributor

Able to verify, waiting on the system to make the decision........

Message 88 of 94
DVH1980
Contributor

System is "taking a while, may I place you on hold for a few minutes?" sure....(biting nails)

Message 89 of 94
DVH1980
Contributor

and.....Approved. She couldnt tell me the exact limit but the system was prompting to somehwere in the 1k range. I'll take it.

Message 90 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.