Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

Re: Gunning for Amex today

Congrats!  Sounds about right, as that's the same limit I had.  I guess I app spree a bit too much that day, but didn't have to go through what you just did!

My Wallet:
Discover It $18,300 | Chase United $12,000 | AMEX BCE $7,200 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7,000 | Chase Freedom $5,000 | Citi Simplicity $5,000 | Paypal Extras Platinum $5,000 | Citi Visa Signature $3,000 | Wells Fargo $1,000 | AMEX Zync NPSL

3 hard pulls for 1k limit is a tough pill to swallow but in the big picture, its no big deal.  The real bruiser is they pulled my EQ which was going to be just about perfect in a couple days(5 INQ's falling off, leaving 4) so I could app for my final card, USAA World MC. Really need to break into 5k+ limit territory.

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Frequent Contributor

Geesh, that was some kinda ordeal...but you got it so in the end it was worth it.

FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Frequent Contributor

DVH1980 wrote:

Yep, on the phone as I type this. The rep is much more helpful and is attempting to verify my address by contacting my bank so hopefully I can avoid having to mail anything and get answer immediately......stay tuned

I had to go through this with my Zync card when I app'd for it. Congrats on the approval though!

In my wallet: Amex PRG & Zync, Amex BCE (19.2k), Chase Freedom (5k), PSECU Visa/PSL (20k)
Current Scores: Equifax: 738 (Fako) TransUnion: 721 (Fico) Experian: 717 (Fico)
Disclaimer: I am by no means a financial advisor. My posts are based on opinion, experience, and/or knowledge.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.