Did you mean: 

Gunning for Amex today

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Gunning for Amex today

@DVH1980 wrote:

No instant approval, staus says "processing" not looking good :/

Keep checking status. This has happened to me in the past but within a couple of hours, I was approved.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 11 of 94
DVH1980
Contributor

Still in progress......tick,tick,tick

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 12 of 94
mrcrush20
New Contributor

humm my most recent derog was 08

income just over 70k 

tu was 651 and was approve 500 hard limit

whats your largest CL now ? establisment after derogs ? 

Message 13 of 94
Ron1
Super Contributor

@DVH1980 wrote:

Still in progress......tick,tick,tick

It happened to me too. Check back after 5 mins.

Ron.

Message 14 of 94
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

When I applied for mine, it was "In Progress" for about 4 hours before I receievd an email saying approved.  Good Luck!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 94
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

You scores are higher than mine, but I don't have any derogs.  Keep checking status, then recon.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 16 of 94
DVH1980
Contributor

Everything is positve since my derogs. Biggest limit now is 3500.00 from local CU and barclays, 2 -3k limits from usaa and discover. AAOA is relatively low at 1.3 years because I recently dumped my builders and replaced them with the cards metioned above.  

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 17 of 94
DVH1980
Contributor

I was told that if they offer the 500 hard limit inever gets removed, fact? Not that it matters much to me since I mainly want the card to get my foot in the door.

Message 18 of 94
gettnthere
Established Contributor

I don't thinks its impossible to get it removed, just really difficult. Ive seen where some people got it removed but alot of people that have had it for a year or more haven't had success so far with getting the hard limit removed. But goodluck i hope u get it! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 19 of 94
DVH1980
Contributor

Stilllll waiting................im worse than a 5 year old on a road trip.

Message 20 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.