cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guys, Chase has good service too ... you know ...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys, Chase has good service too ... you know ...

Right now everyone talking about CLD on ccs with Chase.    I just want to throw in some good experience with them.

One day, they called and asked me have I used my Chase card to purchase an airline ticket with Mexican Airline. I said "No" because I didn't. Then rep closed my Chase card and processed replacement card with new card number. It was my lucky day.

* I did not have any ID Protection Service at that time.

I went for shopping and charged unusual amount on my Chase card. I contact Chase and told rep that I am making a large purchases at store A, B, and C today and tomorrow and estimate amount will be $______. Therefore, all my purchases are went through. It is important to let the bank/credit company know when you are going to charge large amount or use at unusual places and area. If not they will detect it as ID Theft and block your ccs acct.

* I have received an e-mail from them too.

Confirmation of Spending or Large Purchase Notification Request
Your Account Ending in xxxx

Dear bunnyrabbit:

As part of our ongoing effort to protect your account and our relationship, we monitor your account for possible fraudulent activity. To that end, we are writing to confirm that you requested the following action on the account noted below.

In response to a request we received, we recently noted that you would be using your Chase MasterCard account ending in xxxx for spending above your normal spending volumes or for a large purchase.

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we appreciate your prompt attention to this matter. If you made the request or already had the opportunity to discuss this matter with us, please disregard this message.

Sincerely,
Chase Fraud Prevention Department

P.S.   

I have Chase Identity Theft Protection.  I am not sure it's because of this service or not.  Anyway goes it was good for me.

Experience with Chase Identity Protection Service;

I had wrong information on my credit report, which is derogatory/collection account and I do not have any account with this place. When I contact them, a rep took the information and told me they will take care of it and I do not need to do anything. Just wait for the result, it takes about 4 to 6 weeks and get it in the mail. Later I received a mail, and it stated they investigated and removed that wrong information from my credit report. Chase did all work for me.   Also I know someone who claimed to Chase, and she got reimbursement on everything she had to pay for to recover include her wage loss.

Does anybody else have good experience with them? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Guys, Chase has good service too ... you know ...

LOL thats still not gonna make poeple happy that Chase cut there CL lmao

Message 2 of 11
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

They cut my Fiance's by $1000. She just applied and was approved for a new card at $5000.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Breakthecycle2 wrote:

They cut my Fiance's by $1000. She just applied and was approved for a new card at $5000.

Are those ccs are both with Chase?  

Message 4 of 11
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I have no problems with Chase but I think I might see some AA by the end of this year. Just a feeling. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 11
homerunstacy
Regular Contributor

edited

I've had CHASE BP Rewards for a couple years.   CL is $1200 with a rate of 19.2%.  Scores just took a dive during my loan mod in the last four months. So far they have not cut my CL.

*Bought 1st Home on 7/11/07 thanks to myFICO Forums*

4/2013 - FICO: 685
Payment History: Great
Amt of Debt: Not Good
Length: Good
Amt of New Credit: Good

Goal for 2013: Pay down debt! Cross fingers housing market turns around so I can move further south!

Message 6 of 11
voidman
Established Contributor

Chase tried to push the account protection whatever manytimes, I did not buy it. Was not sure if it was worth it, coz you can always dispute a charge on your CC if you think it is not urs.

anyway,

I like my Chase card, it went from 2k to 6k to 10k within last 2 years.

Also, I don't know about other CCCs, once in a when I purchase 99 cents worth app from the Apple appstore that charges on my second chase card. Just before the statement cuts, chase refunds the 99 cents. The second chase card is SDs so I don't use except for the app store purchases.

-void
Message 7 of 11
Pap22
Established Member

I can't help but share my experiences with Chase...

*2007-01: Get Chase CC #1 with $700 CL (Rewards). Every month since I have used it heavily, always PIF with no lates.

*2007-07: Ask Chase for CLI. Denied.

*2007-09: Open CapitalOne CC. Get $750 CL. Every month since, I have always PIF with no lates, with rare usage.

*2008-01: Ask Chase for CLI. Denied.

*2008-03: Get WaMu CC #1 with $1500 CL and 3.99% intro APR. Every month since, I have PIF with no lates.

*2008-07: Ask Chase for CLI. Denied.

*2008-07: WaMu automatically gives me CLI to $3000.

*[2008-Summer: Chase "buys" WaMu]

*2008-12: WaMu sends me a pre-approved offer for another CC (WaMu CC #2) because I am "a valued WaMu cardholder". I apply and get $5000 CL. I use the card maybe 3 times total to buy lunch and of course PIF always.

*2008-12: Chase sends me a pre-approved offer for another CC (Chase CC #2) because I am "a valued Chase cardholder". I apply and get $6000 CL, 0% APR until 2010-04, and 1% cashback on every purchase. I pay the minimums on this card always.

*2008-12: Open Juniper card with $1000 CL. I've used the card maybe 2 times to buy lunch; Always PIF.

*2009-01: Ask Chase for CLI on Chase CC #1. Denied.

*2009-07: Ask Chase for CLI on Chase CC #1. Denied.

*2009-07: I rack up about $4500 on Chase CC #2, paying the minimums each month (since it's 0% APR).

*2009-08: I get a letter in the mail from Chase: They're canceling my WaMu CC #2 because I do not meet their "requirements". I called Chase to complain and explain the irrationality of their decision. Their reply: "meh".

And before you think it's because I racked up the balance on Chase #2, I still have the letter they sent me and here are the reasons they cited me, verbatim:

1) Too few open accounts with time on file greater than 24 months.

2) Too few accounts paid as agreed compared to total accounts.

3) Average length of time since bankcard(s) opening is too short.

Now I will disclose that I have a $250 medical collection DOFD 2004-01, and a $3500 student loan that went to collections 2004-06 (paid 2005). I also had several late payments on credit cards pre-2004; however I closed them all in 2004. The Chase CC I picked up in 2007-01 was my first credit card in several years. You could say I have not had a single late payment since 2004.

Happy ending:

*2009-08: I max out Chase CC #2, then shove it in a sock drawer.

*2010-03-31: I pay Chase CC #2 down to $0.00. Enjoy your financing charges--NOT!

Message 8 of 11
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Hi, bunnyrabbit!

I've received calls from Chase (after the transactions) regarding large purchases.  I don't have a problem with that at all, I think that's a good thing.  I don't mind verifying charges I've already made.

But it will be a cold day in Hell before I comply with any creditor request/expectation that I "call in" before making large purchases.  They've offered the credit line, and I'm using it, and that's that.  

If they worry about fraud, that's their concern, not mine.  I'm not liable for fraudulent charges.  It's part of their cost of doing business.  They are protecting themselves, not me, no matter how many times they tell me "It's for your protection".

And if a card I use is ever declined at the register (never happens), it's introduced to the shredder.

As far as Chase customer service, I've only called them twice in 12 years.  I've got three accounts with them, I PIF (usually) and have FICOs in the high 700's.  Each of these two calls was followed up by Chase with interest ratejacks and CLDs.  Meanwhile, other credit card companies were giving me outstanding offers to open a new account or to expand my use of an existing account.

I think they're nuts.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

One day, I had a customer who was paying with his credit card for his purchase, but my register declined the transaction.  According to this customer, he has called his credit company to let them know in the advance of his large purchase that day to avoid decline.   He had to call his credit company and explained what is going on, he was on the phone long time to get through this problem.  Finally he could make a purchase with his credit card.   So, with this experience at my work,  I decided to give a heads up to Chase to avoid same situation as he got.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.