Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HA! See ya CorTrust!!!

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

HA! See ya CorTrust!!!

Well everyone, I am very proud to say that I kicked my CorTrust card to the curb today.  No more lame fees, no more credit limit that will never grow! (or having to pay for it to grow)

I set a goal for myself, & I kept it.  I am very happy right now.  I'll be even more happy when I get the final "Thanks for closing your account" letter.  Yay me!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Locksley123
Regular Contributor

Re: HA! See ya CorTrust!!!

Congratulations!
Message 2 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats..
Message 3 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

that's really great news, congrats!!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

AWESOME!!!! Congratulations.

And, don't look now, but your TU is knocking on the door to 700! EQ and EX made big leaps for Feb. You are rocking!

Message 5 of 10
keithc
Regular Contributor

i want to do that too but i got good age on the acct!! happy for you though!!
Message 6 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

remember that after closing the acct laz98 keeps the good age for about ten years.  he is just moving on to better cards and no longer having to pay all of the fees required to keep the CorTrust card alive.

@keithc wrote:

Message Edited by score_building on 03-13-2009 11:13 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

AWESOME!!!! Congratulations.

And, don't look now, but your TU is knocking on the door to 700! EQ and EX made big leaps for Feb. You are rocking!

thanks lilmirth!  i'm so happy to see some improvement in my scores.  there was a time when i thought they would never go up!  i wasn't really planning on pulling my scores in march, but with 30% off, i can't really pass that up.  but i'm going to wait til the last minute, so that maybe some more updates can sneak in.  what a great feeling!
Message 8 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

@keithc wrote:

how long have you had the account?

i had mine for about 3 years.  yes, i would have liked to have kept it open for longer, but i couldn't keep paying the fees.  i'm trying to pay down my debt, not just give my money away, you know?  i wasn't comfortable with the fees taking chunks out of my payments anymore.  it served its purpose, & i'm thankful that they gave me a card when nobody would.  but now, i am ready to move on!

they didn't even really try to keep me.  the very nice CSR offered to cut my AF in half, but i was like NO WAY!!!  i have much newer cards with less fees & higher CLs (ok, not much higher, but still).  thanks anyway!

Message 9 of 10
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Congrats laz, someday soon my Orchard will go by-by as well.
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.