cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAS ANYONE HAD A CC SENT FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS OVERNIGHT AND HAD TO PERSONALLY SIGN FOR IT

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

HAS ANYONE HAD A CC SENT FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS OVERNIGHT AND HAD TO PERSONALLY SIGN FOR IT

Hi everyone I had to call american express today as my green card had not arrived yet it has been over 10 days, i would say this is my first experience with american express customer service and they were very helpful and polite it was stated another card will be sent overnight with no charge to me, although I may have to sign for it, and I am wondering if anyone went through this and had to actually sign for it, it was be arriving via ups i quess I hate to wait all day at home tommorow when there is other things I have to do.  Any information will be appreciated

P.S. Does american express have their own credit card factory where they can make out credit cards so quicklySmiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: HAS ANYONE HAD A CC SENT FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS OVERNIGHT AND HAD TO PERSONALLY SIGN FOR IT

American Express replaced my compromised Gold Card and overnighted it (I had to ask them to). I don't remember if it was UPS, but it was left on my front porch without anyone signing for it.

If it's not too late, could you have it delivered to your workplace instead?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

Re: HAS ANYONE HAD A CC SENT FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS OVERNIGHT AND HAD TO PERSONALLY SIGN FOR IT

Anytime a business send something by UPS, FedEx and etc, the business may request a signature.  Someone will have to be at the location for you to receive the card.  UPS may make another attempt to deliver the card if no one is at the location to sign for it.  They may advise you to pick up the package(card) at the holding location. 
Message 3 of 9
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

They normally won't deliver it to an address which is different than what is on the official record.  This is doubly true for a new account where there is a greater threat of fraud.
Message 4 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Watchmann wrote:

They normally won't deliver it to an address which is different than what is on the official record.  This is doubly true for a new account where there is a greater threat of fraud.

Hadn't thought of that, good point.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 9
thevariable
Valued Member

@Watchmann wrote:

Actually, this isn't necessarily true. I had them overnight two cards to my university dorm room, no problem. Also, I think the signature thing depends on your UPS delivery person. I've had multiple cards (don't ask) overnighted to my home and to my dorm room and neither actually required a signature even though AMEX said that they would.

Message Edited by thevariable on 10-13-2009 09:11 PM
Message 6 of 9
thevariable
Valued Member

@thevariable wrote:

@Watchmann wrote:

Actually, this isn't necessarily true. I had them overnight two cards to my university dorm room, no problem. Also, I think the signature thing depends on your UPS delivery person. I've had multiple cards (don't ask) overnighted to my home and to my dorm room and neither actually required a signature even though AMEX said that they would.

Sorry for the double post, but I meant to add, that if it's already been more than a few hours since they said they'd overnight it, they probably won't change the delivery address for you. 

Message 7 of 9
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

thevariable wrote:

@Watchmann wrote:

Years back, I thought I had lost my Amex while vacationing in the Cayman Islands.  They offered to FedEx me another card to my hotel by the next day.  I didn't take them up on the offer, because as I was on the phone with them, I realized where I might have lost the card, and sure enough I had left it behind at the Turtle Farm.  I imagine that I would have had to sign for the new card, but the point is that they were willing to replace my card immediately and send it to an international address.

Message 8 of 9
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone I recieved my american express green card today via ups it also came early and I did not even have to sign for it, well thanks everyone for the information now it is time to build a relationship with american express for better opportunities and further rebuilding of my credit.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.