Anonymous
Not applicable

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF EGG VISA CARD?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HAS ANYONE HEARD OF EGG VISA CARD?

I am sorry they sent me an email saying I could get 0% interest for up to 15 months and an APR at 16.99%.  I had never heard of the company and I wanted to see if anyone elso had heard of them. 

Thanks
Message 2 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the FICO Forums! I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu. If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to asking the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know. Thanks for your contribution to the FICO Forums!

--fused
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm... I'm guessing they're the same Egg I had a card with years ago (late 1990s) in the UK - surely there can't be more than one CCC called Egg out there!?

If it is the same company... the card I had was pretty good, high CL, zero percent introductory rate, etc etc etc - Egg was a very popular card at the time. They were part of Prudential - I just Googled to see if that's still the case and it turns out they've now been bought by Citi, which might explain why (if indeed it is them) they're sending out offers in the US now.

Word of warning, though... they were in the news a few months back for, if I remember right, reducing CLs and cancelling cards all over the place. Egg claimed they were carrying out this action against 'high risk' customers... only for there to be a flood of outrage from CLD'd customers who never carried a balance, had never been overlimit, etc etc - ie the unprofitable ones! (See here, for example).
Message 4 of 6
Scamp
Valued Contributor

soutaham2018 wrote:
I am sorry they sent me an email saying I could get 0% interest for up to 15 months and an APR at 16.99%.  I had never heard of the company and I wanted to see if anyone elso had heard of them. 

Thanks

I've only heard of them in the UK - here are a couple of stories on some UK customers' experiences with them earlier this year:

Edited to add:  Fevmlo beat me to it, partially!  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by scapegrace13 on 09-03-2008 04:21 PM

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you fevmlo, your information was very helpful.  I didn't think to Google them but I will now to get more info.  Thanks again!!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.