Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! ALL ACCTS. CLOSED BY GECRB!!!

tag
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

HELP! ALL ACCTS. CLOSED BY GECRB!!!

So, long story.  I hope you have time!!!!!

So, I have had my Paypal Extras MC with 1K limit for two months.  I have requested two credit line increases w/ them...denied! I have applied for a Wal Mart Card, GAP Card, Cheveron/Texaco Card, Amazon Card, they were all apporved (accept for Amazon--I don't know if that was approved).  I app'd for them in 36 hours span.  They closed ALL THE ACCTS!!!!!!!!!! :-(  Including my Paypal Extras w/ zero balance.  HOW CAN THEY DO THIS?!?!?!???

What did I do wrong???!!  HELP!  I'm currently waiting for the letters. Smiley Sad  HOW CAN I GET THE ACCTS. BACK?  I think they think this is fraud.  But it's not.  

Modcut

AmEx BCE - 2K, Clear from AmEx - 2K, Bank of America Travel Rewards - 10K, Chase Freedom - 4.3K, U.S. Bank College Visa - $600, Discover More Card - 7K, Citi Dividend Card for Students - 2.1K, Barclay Rewards MC-2.5K, Macys Red Card-1.8K, Bank of America AmEx-15K, Banana Republic Visa-2.5K, Chase CSP-10K, Chase Saphire-5K,
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: HELP! ALL ACCTS. CLOSED BY GECRB!!!

I have read about other cases , same thing with asking them to much for CLI, the shut you down.
Call and ask them at this point you have nothing to lose.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 2 of 48
power123
New Visitor

Sorry to hear that

I would call them and find out the specifics about the account closures

Maybe it was just a measurement to protect you from fraud

Good luck

Message 3 of 48
myjourney
Super Contributor

You applied to fast and requested CLI's to soon IMO 

In there eyes you looked desperate for credit and they don't like that 

slow and steady wins every time....sorry IMO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 48
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FabulousDtheBruin wrote:

So, long story.  I hope you have time!!!!!

So, I have had my Paypal Extras MC with 1K limit for two months.  I have requested two credit line increases w/ them...denied! I have applied for a Wal Mart Card, GAP Card, Cheveron/Texaco Card, Amazon Card, they were all apporved (accept for Amazon--I don't know if that was approved).  I app'd for them in 36 hours span.  They closed ALL THE ACCTS!!!!!!!!!! :-(  Including my Paypal Extras w/ zero balance.  HOW CAN THEY DO THIS?!?!?!???

What did I do wrong???!!  HELP!  I'm currently waiting for the letters. Smiley Sad  HOW CAN I GET THE ACCTS. BACK?  I think they think this is fraud.  But it's not.  

Modcut

I can be a fan of GE sometimes especially a PayPal MC but if you don't get a hold of someone over the computer sometimes it's out of control!

However, besides some good rewards depending on where you shop a lot, they are not making or breaking your portfolio and if they want to lock you down for 4 cards and you have 3 Amex Cards, I would tell the next person you talk to, they have 5 minutes to find someone with the power to look at, see, and verify who you are and open the accounts or you will move on and kiss the bank good bye.

Don't fret, you are doing just fine elsewhere.  But seriously... call in to like Lowes Backdoor, or Walmart... don't talk to front line CSR's... Talk to underwriting only!!!

Message 5 of 48
Ron1
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear. You applied and opened too many accounts within a short period of time.  You're not the first one.  I saw someone had same situation from other forum.

Ron.

Message 6 of 48
power123
New Visitor

Ron,you think they might reopen his accounts?i mean i hope they do but.....

Message 7 of 48
Shyone44
Contributor

I'm sorry this happened to you. I recently read on another forum of the same thing happening to someone else with GE cards. I believe they called and were able to get the account re-opened after they confirmed their identity. This also happened to me with several Comenity cards last month. But I just called them and answered a few questions and all account were re-opened within 5 minutes. Hope it works out for you!

Last app 3/21/13
EQ 658 (5/28/13)
TU 608 (5/1/13)
Message 8 of 48
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

Thank you all for your support.  

Honestly, I understand why they could frown upon this; however, closing my zero balance Paypal MC was unacceptable.  It's not like I'm maxing the card out or not paying on time; if they don't want me to have all this credit, why don't they just deny me?!?!?!

And honestly, the think I'm worried about is that it WILL NOT LOOK GOOD on my credit reports showing GECRB closed my Acct. after two months.  How will this look to others?!?!?  Smiley Sad

I could cry!

AmEx BCE - 2K, Clear from AmEx - 2K, Bank of America Travel Rewards - 10K, Chase Freedom - 4.3K, U.S. Bank College Visa - $600, Discover More Card - 7K, Citi Dividend Card for Students - 2.1K, Barclay Rewards MC-2.5K, Macys Red Card-1.8K, Bank of America AmEx-15K, Banana Republic Visa-2.5K, Chase CSP-10K, Chase Saphire-5K,
Message 9 of 48
power123
New Visitor

It has happen to most of us before so dont worry

Just take this one step at a time

Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.