Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! ALL ACCTS. CLOSED BY GECRB!!!

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: HELP! ALL ACCTS. CLOSED BY GECRB!!!

@Fabulous

Please disregard the previous posters inaccurate and inconsiderate comments.
Message 21 of 48
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

+1

Please keep comments to yourself unless its helpful and beneficial.

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 22 of 48
toppers555
Established Contributor

I am pretty sure without a doubt it the massive account openings. Like other have said best you can do is try calling ,and plea your case.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 23 of 48
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

If you look at that guys other posts/threads he's obviously a troll. Lol.
Message 24 of 48
Datx
Valued Contributor

This reminds me of another member doing the exact same thing. Or it was requesting (and being approved) for multiple CLIs on GECRB accts in a short amount of time by speaking to a UW. That person later did get their accts restored after calling in IIRC.

Oh, forgot to add. Yes they can do this, and its really nothing new. Its called AA (adverse action). Not sure what your train of thought was at the time, but I wouldve been pretty nervous applying for multiple accts with one creditor in a short amount of time like that.

Message 25 of 48
enharu
Super Contributor

@jakemod1 wrote:
The reason, most likely, is due to all of those accounts that you applied for within a short span. The fact that you requested two CLIs, were denied, and then continued to seek credit set off a high risk flag, especially since all of those accounts were through GECRB. You looked desperate from their perpective, and thus, the account closures. They wanted to limit their exposure to you as much as possible...in your case, completely.

I would try calling them and ask to speak to a supervisor and explain your situation. They might not re-open all of your accounts...pick one or two that you want to keep and ask them to re-open those for you. More importantly, do not apply for any more cards until you get this situated.

If you are succesful with re-opening your account(s), let your inquiries and accounts age for 6 months to one year before you apply for more cards. If I may ask, why did you decide to open all of those accounts?

Good luck!

+1

@FabulousDtheBruin wrote:
I tried to open all the new Accts. because these are all Accts. I definitely want, and if I open them up, say in two years later, it will screw with my AAoA and also I just got a new car and I want the Chevron rewards and also I want to lower my utilization because I did BTs on my Citi card (great zero percent promo) and on my 15 month Freedom, for my down payment. So I want to decrease my utility and I know GECRB is good at high limits!

Do NOT use this reason when you call GE. NO creditor cares about you trying to pad your AAoA for the future, nor do they care about helping you lower your utilization. The 2nd reason especially, would sound to anyone that you're high risk more than anything else. They will interpret as you basically maxed out your cards, and are trying to new accounts to pad your over CL and lower utilization. This line of reasoning does not fly with any creditors. If you need to lower your overall utilization, pay down your debt. This is the only valid solution in their opinion. DON'T mention anything about them being generous with high limits. Just act ignorant on that for now.

So when you call, try to tell them and explain about how you have different cards for different purposes and talk about how each card is going to serve its purpose in your daily life (rewards, etc....).

Best of luck! Sorry to hear about this.

@Tanyasf wrote:
For my understand .GE "Edit".but they love TS .one of my TS friend call said she is TS . Her banana rep increase to $9000 form 700

Stop trolling. If you want to troll, go troll elsewhere at helpfeedthetroll or something.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 26 of 48
Tanyasf
Established Member

First I'm a women not a dude .well the only thing I can said is this guys is hopeless. Not troll at all
I'm not an American and i will never be
Message 27 of 48
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@Tanyasf wrote:
First I'm a women not a dude .well the only thing I can said is this guys is hopeless. Not troll at all

If you are not going to be helpful or supportive, DON'T COMMENT!!!!

*8/10/13
Message 28 of 48
Tanyasf
Established Member

Okay .whatever . I just want to make fun of people . Because they make fun of me . Okay . I stop and will post helpful message
I'm not an American and i will never be
Message 29 of 48
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@Tanyasf wrote:
Okay .whatever . I just want to make fun of people . Because they make fun of me . Okay . I stop and will post helpful message

People come to these forums to get advice and help not be be made fun of. So, with that said.....thank you for stopping.

*8/10/13
Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.