cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! Appears my TU score is taking hit on all my CC apps- Do I FREEZE my report?

tag
danmfe
Established Member

HELP!!! Appears my TU score is taking hit on all my CC apps- Do I FREEZE my report?

Getting frustrated that every CC I've applied for has pulled my TU.  I'm in Wisconsin so maybe this is State related.  My experian report is my strongest and I paid and pulled my own credit reports before apping for AMEX BCE last night to find the following:  EQ 693,  TU 703, EXP 757.  Anyways, in the past 2 years, I'm up to 12 inq on my TU, while EQ is 0 and EXP is 1 (Chase pulled both TU and EXP during recon).  So here is my rundown....

Discover IT-  TU Pull  ($4K)

Wells Fargo Visa Plat- TU Pull ($9K)

Home Depot- TU Pull ($800)

Chase Sapphire Preferred- TU Pull ($5K)

Chase Slate- TU Pull ($5K)

Walmart Discover- TU Pull ($2.7K)

Wells Fargo Auto loan- TU Pull 

AMEX- TU Pull ($2K)

AMEX bugs me the most because although approved last night, was given $2K CL, which I hear is a borderline approval.  Read so many posts that swore AMEX were an EQ or EXP puller but OFCOURSE not for me.

So...my question is...do I try to freeze my TU report?  Will this help? Fortunately, I've been approved for all these accounts but do know Discover is yet to give me any auto CLI after 15 months and luv button always asks for HP so I back out and now AMEX gave me borderline approval of 2K last night.

Luckily I was able to get CLI's on my 3 Cap One accounts after EO contact without having HP on reports and these aren't added to my HUGE 12 TU Inq since obtained in 2006/2007.  This may be the new avenue I have to take (SP CLI's) and give up my ambition to strive for new prime with great rewards/bonuses.

This only solidifies my decision to join the garden last night....hope my AMEX grows in 61 days.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP!!! Appears my TU score is taking hit on all my CC apps- Do I FREEZE my report?

I'm mixed up.  Inquiries only stay on report for 2 years.  Who cares about inquiries from 2006-2007?  How many within last 2 years?

As FYI, just based on your scores, you are borderline for most prime cards so don't be surprised.  Why is your Experian so much higher than EQ/TU?

Not sure how freezing would help you at this point since you plan on gardening.  Also, freezing to avoid inquires is considered a no no.  I have seen cases where it makes things worse as well as better especially in your case.  As sometimes you can get them to pull something else.  Other times, it triggers automatic manual review and to an analyst, it looks really suspicious.  Why only block one credit report?

As for why you are only getting TU, it has to be regional thing.  Here in California, I get mostly EXP pulls.  Most of the bigger issuers pull from all three.  If you want others pulled for sure, go ahead and app to a single bureau puller like PenFed, USAA, etc.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 8
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP!!! Appears my TU score is taking hit on all my CC apps- Do I FREEZE my report?

I feel your pain. I wish more companies pulled from my EQ but they stayed on either TU or Experian, and in some cases---they pulled both. It's like having a sore spot that keeps getting hit. LOL

I don't know about freezing but the Garden is your best bet. Need time to recoup. 

Message 3 of 8
danmfe
Established Member

Sorry for confusion on INQ's.  The 2006/2007 dates was regarding being thankful that CLI through CapOne didn't result in HP of any kind and were opened in 2006/2007 and NOT included in my current to date 12 INQ on my TU report in past 2 years.  As of AMEX app last night...I'm sitting at 12 INQ on TU. 

Thanks for clarifiying Freezes.  I've been truly struggling to rebuild/establish credit after a CH7 BK in 2005 so have surely came along way.  I've used this forum like clockwork to get where I am today.  

As far as my EXP report being higher than others...It is the only report not showing my CH7 BK for some reason and it also isn't showing a few other accounts as my total debt is about lower.  (By about 6-7K).  My lowest score EQ is missing tons of my established credit including both Chase cards and Discover. Plus one of almost 4 year old auto loans.  (I've got 2 total).  Really wish I knew how to make my credit reports consistent and have read about this topic in the forums but appears it can't be forced and creditors don't have to report to all 3 bureau's. 

I will look up PenFed, USAA, and hopefully find other single bureau pullers to find who runs EXP since it appears is my best report/score.  Definitely going to wait until 2014 sometime as I've already planted the seed in my garden.  Smiley Wink

Thanks for your help!  Really do appreciate it!

Message 4 of 8
eviLution
Established Contributor

AMEX borderline approval starts you off at 1k, 2k is what most people get.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 5 of 8
coolerscouter

Do a Google search for "credit pulls database."
You can search for who pulls what where.
Message 6 of 8
Crashem
Valued Contributor

You should be able to call those two credit card issuers and tell them accounts aren't reporting to Equifax (or maybe just say they aren't updating which might work better).  Not sure on the auto loan, but can't hurt to ask.

As for the single pullers I gave, those are Equifax single pullers.  I think PSSECU is experian single puller but limited membership.  Some more single pull CUs out here in California as well.  Double check, but I think NASA is single pull Experian.

Don't worry so much on inquiries unless you are apping to someone like Barclays.  Just chill out and almost all of negative effect from inquiries will disappear in a year.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 7 of 8
danmfe
Established Member

You ROCK! Thanks again for the advice! Feeling better already.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.