Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - Best CC to apply for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP - Best CC to apply for?

Some of the best cards don't like your previous bankruptcy and it may take up to 5 or more years reconsider. 

Message 11 of 16
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Both of you should try the Amex prequal site.  It's good to have 3 cards each reporting.  Also, pull your FICO scores.  That's what the lenders are using for qualifying purposes on credit cards.  Look of the Bk friendly cards thread.  Some lenders automatically require you to call and recon a denial if it's for Bk.  I can't remember if Chase is one of them or not, but they've already pulled your credit so it doesn't hurt to try!  My approvals with Amex did not require any recon.  

Early exclusion is calling the credit bureau's once you are within 6 months of having your bad accounts drop off and asking them to remove them early.  I think TU is the easiest at 6 months.  The other 2 bureau's will tell you when to call back to have them removed.  I think it's around 2-3 months for both Eq and Exp.  You could probably have a clean report by the end of the year.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the Amex BC card and was approved for $1000, she was approved for $5000. 

Also found out that Quicken Loans only requires 12 months waiting after a BK to refi. Working with them now to see if we qualify. Just not sure how applying for CC and a refi will work together as to many pulls?

Message 13 of 16
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Congrats on both the cards and finding a lender for the refi!!!  Don't worry about the inquiries.  The lender will ask you for a written explanation of inquiries.  Just be honest that you were working to reestablish credit and only plan to use the cards for daily needs that will be paid in full.  Put in there that you are only using it for the rewards on groceries and gas.  (I used to be a mortgage underwriter years ago)  If you make the letter something they can relate to then it'll slide right through!

Keep us updated on the refinance!  And if you haven't already, read the Amex 3x CLI thread!!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice on the refi explanation. I hope it works for us, it would cut our house payment over $350 monthly. 

I have skimmed the Amex 3x CLI, i already have a reminder set in my phone for 61 days. This stuff is too much like work!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

NavyFed

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.