cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Citi won't let me make a payment yet!

tag
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Re: HELP! Citi won't let me make a payment yet!

@Desert-Rat wrote:

Please accept my apology if this is a dumb question.  I'm not sure I'm understanding the problem correctly. 

I got the part about it being a new card, so: 

If, after you make this first payment, will you, in the future, be able to make payments before the statement drops?  Is this standard procedure with Citi or just a first-payment-fluke?

Thanks,

D-R

Message Edited by Desert-Rat on 08-20-2009 11:22 PM

Yes, I believe you can make a payment on Citi's site after the first statement drops. Remember, you can only make 4 payments in between statements. You can make countless electronic payments through your bank's bill pay feature though.

Message 11 of 14
Lawlover2
Contributor

Thanks for all of the comments / input.  I do come to this forum often . . . I even did a search and found a few posts on it but still didn't feel as though my questions had been answered, so I posted again!  It will paid off as soon as I can pay it so I hope all of my points come back the following month.  It is still going to SUCK seeing my score fall b/c of a fluke w/ Citi's system.  Oh well, what can I do now? 
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make the $1000 payment that you can so that reported balance has the least uti percentage possible.  After you make the $1000 payment, you might try calling back and see if you can get another CSR to take another $1000.  If so, you'll be dropping the balance to just over $6000, otherwise just over $7000.....both of which are better than $8100.

Message 13 of 14
tiger67
Regular Contributor

If you pay after the cut-off date, call CS and request a "mid-cycle update to the CB's". I've had sucess with Citi updating balances this way. Any points lost will be regained as soon as the update hits the reports (normally within 48 hrs).
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.