Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP-Consolidation?

tag
jamesrini79
Established Member

HELP-Consolidation?

We are surviving off one spouse income because I want my wife home with my 18 month old son and baby #2 is due in August. Of course we've had a financial shortage without her $500 weekly that she made before our son was born. We received an modification to help us stay in our home as we defaulted. The new payment is still a stretch but definitely more feasable then the orignial payment. We would like to consodildate out small credit cards bills. Whats the sartes way to do that? Also, does anyone know any good budget sites that help or advise you to to distrubute your money smartly for your monthly expenses? EX How much each week should come out of paycheck for mortgage.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: HELP-Consolidation?

can you tell us more about your credit scores and other info?

you can check out services such as lending tree, but their rates can be somewhat high as well.

i hope someone can recommend you some other sites. I don't know any at the top of my head.

As for how much should come out of your mortage each week.....take your mortage payment, and divide it by 4?

What other debt do you have and how deep are you in? If you have excess money to make payment towards credit cards, it's best to start paying off those with the highest APR first, and then work on the others after that.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 3
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Re: HELP-Consolidation?

It isn't an advising service, but if you want an easy way to lay out your finances and keep track of everyone in one place, then mint.com comes to mind. You can allow it read only access to any accounts you want and budget yourself each month. It's basically like making an excel spreadsheet yourself, but in a nice visual layout and easier to manage IMO. It allows you to say how much you want to spend on certain expenses in a month and you easily see on a bar graph when you or over/under, etc.

As for consolidating CCs, your best bet is probably to see if you have any good BT offers on your cards.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.