Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP HELP!!! SHOULD I APPLY YES OR NO??

tag
composer790

HELP HELP!!! SHOULD I APPLY YES OR NO??

Hello!,

I just checked my Transunion score- Today is 710 on Jan 15th 2013.   I want to apply for Capital One Spark Business which is 2% cashback.. But I am afraid of being denied. I have a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy that was discharged in 2009. I dont want to waste my time.. Everything is on time and almost no debt.

Should I apply or wait?

Thanks,

Darren

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP HELP!!! SHOULD I APPLY YES OR NO??

Cap One will pull all 3 reports and they will report the business line with debt on your personal credit resport.

I know because I have one and wished I didnt! 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 8
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@composer790 wrote:

Hello!,

I just checked my Transunion score- Today is 710 on Jan 15th 2013.   I want to apply for Capital One Spark Business which is 2% cashback.. But I am afraid of being denied. I have a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy that was discharged in 2009. I dont want to waste my time.. Everything is on time and almost no debt.

Should I apply or wait?

Thanks,

Darren

Considering your scores look good and Capital One is pretty forgiving for BKs, you can give it a go Smiley Happy I do believe the business cards ask for "excellent" credit, whatever they consider that, so since you're on time, have a low utilization, and hopefully have had a $5000+ CL or loan for approx 3 years (according to CapOne's qualification for excellent), you should be good to go Smiley Happy

However, if you have burned Capital One in the past, I would wait on it until you verify with a CS on whether or not that matters, or if you should pay your debt to them!

Message 3 of 8
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Which one do you think is easier to get? The Freedom or Spark business? If it is the Freedom, I would say the BK is too fresh. But I was approved for the Cap1 Cash Rewards card in July with both a 7 and a 13 on my credit report with a score of 700+ but I applied for the one with a AF. And barely approved for the Freedom this month with just the 7 reporting and the 7 is 9 yrs, 4 mos old. I know Cap1 is BK friendly but I thought that was just for their average credit cards. OP, you can give it a shot and let us know how it goes. Typically with Cap1, a denial is a denial...they don't have a very good recon process as to recon, folks have had to email the EO.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Why CApital One ??

There's ton of card with better benefit and rewards.....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 8
composer790

WELL.. I applied online-- INSTANT DENIAL Smiley Sad

I do 150k a month in purchases with my business and wanted a card that does the most cash back.

Any other suggestions or cards that i WOULD get approved with?

Message 6 of 8
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

Why CApital One ??

There's ton of card with better benefit and rewards.....

they have a 4 year old bk. 

@Anonymous @OP sorry for the denial. hopefully they didnt tripple pull. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 7 of 8
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

That is what I figured, unfortunately. The Venture and Spark Business are Cap1's prime cards. I would try again in 2017 or 2018. Sorry for the denial OP. It will be awhile for the prime cards. Smiley Sad
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.