cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! How do you handle Amex charge card payments?

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: HELP! How do you handle Amex charge card payments?

you have to pay in full before that due date. just that simple. example. mine is like yours.

Due on the 21st if i let it go that long.. when you log in on a computer. it will tell you the closing date on that green card. that is the day they will report to the credit bureaus.

So. as long as you pay in full before that closing date that amex is telling you. you will have 0 balance reporting. this is Amex specific. the way they word it. Closing date. log on and look for it.

Message 21 of 27
taxi818
Super Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Creditobsessed12 wrote:

I am confused and I need your help.  My Amex green pay by date is on the 8th of the month, however my statement closes on 4/23.  Last month I paid on the 8th and then on the 23rd a balance of 598 was reported to the bureaus.  How should I use this card so that I don't get a balance reported?  Usually my statement cuts 3 days after my due date not 2 weeks after.  For example, my statement is about to cut on 4/23 and I don't have a paymetn due but I know that if I don't pay this balance it will be reported.  I really don't like this at all.  It doesn't make any sense.  Someone please enlighten me!!

#1 it doesn't matter, your Charge card balance doesn't effect your UTL, its part of the reason Charge cards exist. 

if you really care about it reporting pay balance in full before the statement cuts. 

Not correct. if you let your charge card report a balance not only does it. it will in fact affect your utilization. even though there is no limit on it to report. example if i have two 1 thousand dollars credit cards. and 1 charge card.

and i have 0 balance on the two revolvers but the charge card reports 1000 balance. then my utilization will be at 50 percent. no matter what. this is a fact. as i have tested it myself.

Message 22 of 27
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

Change payment date to your suiting. 

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right.  I go home & pay while it's still pending.

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sandi, Why?

Grace periods are the big get.
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to go!  Mine are the same along with mortgage & car payment.  Just in case.  Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ehh...

Sounds more to me like you got used to living under a CreditOne regime.
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.