cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! I'm in more CC debt than I can manage.

tag
Amarie003
New Contributor

Re: HELP!! I'm in more CC debt than I can manage.

@BobbyLee2: Thank you! I haven't looked into Discover just yet - but, I'm always receiving offers from them.. 18 months would be a good amount of time to get it all paid off, especially since I won't be using them.

Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

please let us know what you do...
you have a group cheering for you
Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

With scores like that, applying for new CC's with 12 - 24 month 0% APR would be your best bet. With only just over 8K in debt, you could seriously pay it down or off within 2 year's with all payments going to the principal. Another option is to go get a consolidation loan from a credit Union. I used SDFCU and they gave me 5 year's at 5.9% APR.
Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your scores will support a BT CC.  Simplicity gives you 21 months.  It will give you a chance to hold your head up and pay down the balances. 

Message 14 of 35
nrm
Frequent Contributor

Keep us posted and best wishes to you both!
Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with the BT.

If that doesn't work, I'd pay off the Cap One first ASAP.
Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

With ur score and only at 25% uti u shouldn't have a problem getting a balance transfer card. Would recommend chase slate but I don't think they allow balance transfer between their own cards. If I were u I would try for discover. They might even give u a SL where u can transfer everything over

Message 17 of 35
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

How old are your cards? 

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 18 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck to you!

Message 19 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much per month can you afford to put toward your CC balances (be it principle or interest?).  If you're putting $300 out per month, with BT card like the Discover It offer you'd have more than half of your debt paid down before interest starting kicking back in.  By that time you could likely scoop up another BT offer card for the remaining 40% or whatever and use the same method for another year or so.

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.